Ch.13: Into the Building

"So, your higness, who exactly are we busting out of Shinra?" Asked Yuffie as she marched stoicly between Y/n and Cloud. "Can you not call me that, please?" Y/n pleaded. "As for who we're breaking out, it's a friend of ours." "Rest assured, you can count on me!" Cloud rolled his eyes. "Just don't get in the way." "What's your deal?" Cloud didn't respond. "She's important to him." Said Y/n. "Girlfriend?" "No... atleast not yet... I think." "Shut it Y/n." Cloud remarked.

The party arrived before the wall. "So... when this is over, you gonna go back to being a merc?" Barret asked Cloud. "That's the plan." "Reckon it suits you." "Yeah, it does." Tifa added. "Used to think you were a little shit with a big attitude and a bigger inferiority complex." Barret began. "Quite possibly the worst person I've ever met. But that was before I figured you out. All this? It ain't you." "Deep down, you're a pretty nice guy." Tifa remarked. "Like deep, deep down." Y/n joked. "Don't know about that of that, but kindness is no use on the battlefield. If anything, its a liability." Said Cloud. "Hey, no one's asking you to treat Shinra with kid gloves." Barret responded.

"What about you, Y/n? What's the plan for after our op?" Barret turned to the prince. "Dunno. Might stick around for a bit longer or maybe go back home. You're more than welcome to come with." Barret chuckled. "Just might need a vacation after this." "Oh, can I come too? Please? Please? Please?" Yuffie practically begged. "Sure." Y/n chuckled. "Cloud?" "Think you can find work for me there?" "Yeah, I'll have you cleaning the citadel restrooms if you like." "If that's the case then I'll pass." Y/n playfully shoved Cloud. "I'm sure you'd get along with the Hunters?" "Hunters?" Tifa questioned. "Hunters is what we call people who collect bounties people put up for monsters or Daemons they need clearing out." "Sounds like right up my alley!" Yuffie exclaimed. "That's great and all, but we should go back to the matter at hand." Said Cloud.

"Aerith's up there waiting for us." Said Tifa as she adjusted her gloves. Barret cocked his gattling gun. "Then we better get a move on, huh?" "Ready?" Cloud asked as he took out his grappling hook. Y/n, Tifa, and Barret took out there's as well. "Huh? How am I gonna get up there without one of those?" Yuffie asked in a panick. Cloud wasted no time and fired the hook towards the top of the wall and zipped away. "THAT'S NOT NICE!" Y/n sighed and grabbed Yuffie's waist before firing the hook and zipping away. Upon landing within the wall, Yuffie quickly pushed Y/n off and blushed madly. "You can't just grab a girl and zip her away!" "You're lucky I even brought you along." Y/n responded as Barret and Tifa joined. "Cause where I see it, I'm the only one who actually somewhat agrees to you being here." "That's not true. You?" She pointed at Barret. "What do you think?" "Uh... well you are kinda annoying." Yuffie's jaw dropped. "What about you?" She turned to Tifa. "Um..." Tifa looked at Y/n for help. "I can't believe this. Hmph. Maybe I'll just leave then." "Good." Said Cloud. "Bet you'd like that, wouldn't you?" "Whether you're here or not makes no difference to me. Just stay outta my way." "Oh yeah? You stay outta my way." "All right!" Y/n stepped in. "Let's agree to stay out of each other's ways and just move on with the mission." Yuffie crossed her arms and looked away while Cloud lead the way forward.

"Two goals!" Barret announced. "Goal one! Kick some Shinra ass and save the planet!" "Amen!" Yuffe agreed. "Goal two! Save the girl while kicking more Shinra ass and get out!" Cloud nodded. "Copy." As the party made their way through the roads, they took in just how desolate the Sector 7 plate was left.

" As the party made their way through the roads, they took in just how desolate the Sector 7 plate was left