Ch.21: Union (Nearly)

"Seeing you all in action puts my mind at ease." Cor said to the party. "It's clear I don't need to worry anymore. I'll return to watching the Niffs. Til next time, take care." They waved Cor off as he took his leave. "Now what?" Yuffie asked. "We proceed in our search for the king's weapons." Answered Ignis. "We've won the battle, but we're for from winning the war." Nanaki remarked.

In the capital city of Niflheim, Gralea, the Imperial forced held a meeting. "So, the prince eludes death." Began the Iedolas Alderapt, Emperor of Niflheim.

"And what of the elusive ring?" "Lunafreya has absconded with it

"And what of the elusive ring?" "Lunafreya has absconded with it." Answered the voice of a younger man, Ravus Nox Fleuret.

" Answered the voice of a younger man, Ravus Nox Fleuret

"Find and kill her." Replied Iedolas. "The ring is the final piece. "We may do well to take her alive." Countered a third man, Verstael Besithia.

"The Six wield power beyond our imagination

"The Six wield power beyond our imagination. The Oracle held the key for the king. She could unlock many secrets, nay High Commander?" He directed at Ravus who remained silent. "Lord Ravus, the Imperial army is now at your disposal." "A moot point while the fugitives remain at large." Verstael scowled at the young man. "My men and I will continue our search for the prince and the Oracle." "So glorious... my Crystal." Said Iedolas. "Now, where is Ardyn?"

Meanwhile back in Gaia, Ardyn continued to occupy Shinra's main office. "Life isn't fair." He began, speaking to the rotting corpse of Shinra. "You see, I was blessed with a gift, but envy and greed stripped me of my destiny. Now I live this cursed life, unable to have an end, but I do have a goal." Ardyn then looked ahead and smiled. Before Ardyn stood Sephiroth who wore a blank expression. "Do you often speak to the dead?" Sephiroth asked. "Ah yes, I find they presence much more lively." Ardyn chuckled. "It such a pleasure to meet you." He removed his hat and bowed. "You know of me?" "Much more than that, dear boy. I have seen what fate has in store for you, so there's no need to pretend like you don't know me." Sephiroth then smirked. "Ardyn Lu-" "Please don't insult me by using that name." "Of course. Now tell me, why is that fate whispers your name to me?" "Because it's already written that we are destined to fail in our goals, but that's what we're working to change, aren't we?" "You know of my plans for this world, yet you wish to aid me in my quest?" Sephiroth chuckled. "I'm a man who died many lifetimes ago, but the gods have seen to it that my body and soul can only fall at the hands of the Chosen King." Sephiroth eyes snapped. "You've met him. And you know that he is also working alongside the Cetra." Sephiroth hands balled into fists. "You and I both know that your plan ultimately fails, which is why you've sought them into changing fate. However, fate had long since been manipulated by an Oracle, whose daughter continues to manipulate it. The King was never supposed to meet the Cetra, but now he has. That, not only creates problems for you, but also me." "And what do you suggest?" "You're a smart man, Sephiroth. Why do you think?" Sephiroth's calm demeanor returned. "You want to work together to change our fate." Ardyn smiled. "I help you with your plan and, in turn, you help me kill the King." The two stood in silence, a sinister smile formed on each of their agreement. "When do we start?