Ch.4: Tunnels, Tunnels, and More Tunnels

Before Y/n could fall into a deep sleep, he heard knocking come from the door. "Y/n?" He heard Tifa's muffled voice. "It's open." "You were out for a while." Tifa said as she entered the room. "Couldn't sleep so I went for a walk." Tifa sighed. "I ran into Johnny, by the way. Said not to worry. He was getting out of town." "Oh, right." "You weren't thinking of leaving Midgar anytime soon, were you?" Y/n chuckled. "Do I have to keep reminding you? Said I'm here till you kick me out. Based on what you said, it sounds like I'll be here for the long run." Tifa smiled. "Right, you did say that."

Y/n looked at Tifa who leaned against the while, looking down at her boots. "If you need to talk about something, I'm more than happy to listen." "I'm just glad you're back. Really glad." Tifa yawned. "I'd like to catch up more, but we should probably both get some sleep, yeah?" "Right." Y/n said, wondering why Tifa had checked in on him for seemingly no reason. "Good night." "Good night, Tifa."

The next morning, Y/n was awoken by the sound of wind howling and people shrieking. Quickly rose to his feet as Tifa entered the room. "Y/n!" "What's wrong?" "Come with us, quickly!" Tifa ran out of the room where she joined up with Cloud. "What the hell!?" Y/n exclaimed as he looked up at the sky where hundreds of cloaked figures swarmed around the slums.

 "What the hell!?" Y/n exclaimed as he looked up at the sky where hundreds of cloaked figures swarmed around the slums

"We were getting ready to set out when those things showed up and came after us!" Informed Tifa. "And the others?" Asked Cloud as he drew his sword. "Barret and Jessie are holding their ground, but for how long I don't know." "Let's go." The trio were swarmed by the figures who caught their attention. "You guys ready?" "You know it/Hell yeah." Respnded Tifa and Y/n.

The specters flew towards Cloud who slashed a few down, causing them to disperse. Tifa uppercutted another and used the leverage to dive kick another. Y/n used his Drain Lance to cut down the overhead specters. "Let's head to bar." Cloud announced. "Right behind you." Said Y/n as he thrusted his lance into a specter.

"Bastards just keep coming!" Y/n said as more specters swarmed them. "Keep fighting!" Exclaimed Tifa as she thrashed another pair. Cloud sliced down three more. "What were those things?" Asked Tifa as the swarm suddenly vanished. "No idea." Said Cloud. "Pretty sure you can't see them unless they make physical contact first." "And that's all you can tell us?"

As they rushed towards the bar, their path was blocked by another swarm. "More of them!" Gasped Tifa. "We're running out of time." "Any other way?" Asked Cloud. "Yeah, over here." Tifa lead them around through a neighborhood, but they were once again blocked. "Come on!" Y/n exclaimed in frustration. "Are they trying to stop us from reaching the others?" Pondered Tifa. She looked around for another way. "Come on."

The trio were finally able to arrive were at Seventh Heaven, where they saw Barret and Jessie take on a swarm of specters. "Jessie! Barret!" Called Tifa. "Where you been?!" Questioned Barret. "They just keep coming!" Shouted Jessie. "We've gotta do something!" "Hang on!" Tifa rushed to help the others, but was suddenly pulled away by a pair of specters. "Tifa!" Y/n extended his hand, only for him to be dragged away as well. "Y/n!" Exclaimed Cloud. Specters appeared to confront him. "Get outta my way!" He shouted, slicing the three specters in have. Cloud rushed towards Y/n and swiftly defeated the specters binding him. "Thanks." Y/n said as he composed himself and the two rushed to Tifa's side. Cloud slashed the specters standing in their way as Y/n used his Engine Blade to warp strike the specter holding Tifa down. "Thank you." Tifa said before she round house kicked a specter who targeted Y/n.