Ch.14: Upper Crust

Now with Yuffie's mind clear, the team was fully ready to face any challenge together. "Hey! Check it out!" Barret waved over the party as he looked out of the window and down to the city of Midgar. "Damn fools.

"Ones who come here at night to take in the view

"Ones who come here at night to take in the view. So pretty and marvelous and beautiful! But every little light burning bright runs off her blood. And bit by bit they bleed her, never stopping to think how it'll end for them." "Yeah." Tifa agreed. "Terrible, but beautiful all the same."

The party approached the reception desk where Cloud scanned the card. A hologram receptionist appeared before them. "You must be here for our grand tour. Visitors gave access to floors 60, 61, 62, as well as floor 63. You will proceed in that order. By the exit of each floor, you will find a device that will allow you to update the keycard in your possession. Thereby allowing you to access the next floor. And now begins your grand tour. Please enjoy the Shinra Experience!" "Why's this whole thing gotta be such a pain in the ass?" Barret asked with a sigh. "I don't know about you, but this is kinda weird." Tifa commented. "You think everything's going too well?" Cloud asked. "Yeah, I do. Think it's a trap?" "If it is, we'll be ready." Y/n assured.

The tour began with the party entering the 60th floor: The Memorial Museum. Before them stood a statue of President Shinra made up entirely of gold.

"Welcome to the Shinra Building, our humble home!" Greeted an automated guide

"Welcome to the Shinra Building, our humble home!" Greeted an automated guide. "Oh, hell no!" Barret spat. "Here in the Memorial Museum you can learn all about our president. As well as the various divisions that make up the company. And of course, the city of Midgar and the miracle of Mako energy. Whatever takes your fancy, you're sure to learn something new!" "Yeah, yeah. Shut up." As party passed through the exhibits, Tifa and Barret looked on in disdain. "I think I just threw up a little." Said Tifa. "Man thinks highly of himself." Barret scoffed. "Got anything like this in your palace, Y/n?" Cloud asked. "A musuem? No. But we do have a public study for those curious about our lineage and past rulers." Y/n then sighed. "Then again, we do hold parades in their honor."

The party exited the room and were met with a screen flashing lights. "Hey, everybody! How's the grand tour?" Began the automated guide voice. "I hope you're all enjoying yourselves! Wasn't it fun to learn about Shinra and our esteemed president? And to get a peek at the president's mementos. That was super cool!" The screen began to display board directors, some of which the team had already met or seen. "Now, moving along! The next exhibit will teach you the important work we do here by giving you a closer look at each of our divisions! I hope you're ready to be amazed, because you simply won't believe all the exciting adventures we have here!" The screen turned off and the pattern entered a different room.