Ch.9: Spooks and Sewers

Y/n stepped onto a pier where a speedboat was docked. "You sure you'll be fine without the others? I mean, you are going to a new continent and all." Y/n smiled. "I appreciate the concern, Cor, but I'm allowed to leave the castle walls alone for the first time ever. Want to make the most of it all." Y/n said to his mentor.

"Besides, all that training wasn't for nothing, right?" "Just keep yourself outta trouble and you won't need it out there

"Besides, all that training wasn't for nothing, right?" "Just keep yourself outta trouble and you won't need it out there." Cor responded as he leaned his boot onto the boat and turned to the driver. "Keep him safe, alright." "Yes sir!" The driver responded as he headed over to the steering wheel and started the engine. "So, is the Empire really calling for a ceasefire?" Y/n asked Cor. "Don't know for sure. His majesty set up a meeting with the Empire to discuss the treaty. If all goes well, then the official agreement will be set in Altissia." "Right. Here's to hoping." Cor placed his hand on Y/n's shoulder. "Don't worry about us, alright. Just go have your fun. You deserve it." "Thanks Cor. See you soon."

"Hey! You were just gonna leave without saying goodbye?!" Shouted a voice from the steps leading down to the pier.

"I can't believe after all this time you wouldn't give me so much as a goodbye. Breaks my heart." Y/n chuckled. "Sorry. I thought Ignis and Gladio would give the message." Prompto gasped. "Now I see where I stand." "Prom-" "No, no. That's fine. My best friend goes off to a new continent, without telling me and here I am worried he might be missing if he doesn't come back." "You're that worried about me?" "Maybe, but not as much as Ignis and Gladio." "Is that that how it is?" "That's how it is." The two friends began to laugh. "In all seriousness though, you be safe out there Y/n." "I will Prompto." The two clapped their hands together before the boat began to depart.

Y/n groaned as his eyes began to open. He sat up and looked around. As Corneo had mentioned, the four were now in the Wall Market sewers. Cloud began to come to as well and rose to his feet. Before the two could speak, a heavy rustling echoed throughout the nearby piping. Cloud reached for his sword as Y/n conjured his. The pair looked around, waiting for something to make their presence known, but nothing happened. Y/n and Cloud eased their guard and turned over to the unconsciously bodies of their companions. "Tifa!" "Aerith!" They exclaimed, rushing to either girl's side.