Ch.20: Together

The heavy rain had finally stopped as the clouded sky began to show glimpses of blue. The party, however, had become completely soaked after their battle with the Imperial fleet. They followed Cor towards the location of the next tomb.

"Cor, the news reported that Luna was also dead." Said Y/n. "Is that true?" "Fortunately, she's not." Y/n gave a deep sigh of relief. "Why was she even in the city in the first place?" "I do not know, but what I can tell you is that she was escorted out of the city by a Kingsglaive named Libertus. I met with him as we fled the city and he told me that they were only able to escape Insomnia thanks to a man named Nyx Ulrich." "He a Kingsglaive too?" "He is, or rather was, I think." "What do you mean by that?" Asked Gladio. "According to Libertus, Nyx was able to call upon the power of the Ring of Lucii." Y/n and the Crownsguard gasped at the news. "A Kingsglaive used the power of the king's ring!?" Ignis questioned in disbelief, his eyes wide with shock behind his square rimmed glasses. "He needed to in order to protect Libertus and Luna." "What happened to Nyx?" Asked Y/n. "That's what I'm unsure of. He could be dead, but he could also very well still be alive."

The party had passed through a nearby ruins where they entered a deep dark tunnel. "Here's where we go our separate ways." Cor tossed Y/n a key. "Take it. It unlocks the doors to the other tombs. Seek them out and lay claim to the power they hold. You'll need it." "And what will you do?" Asked Y/n. "Keep an eye of the Niffs. Find out what they're up to. But you should focus in your own task. Take care. All of you." With that, Cor took his leave. "Can anyone else not get a read on that guy?" Barret asked. "The marshal has always been a reserved man." Said Ignis. "He's a man of duty and he always meets the call." Added Gladio. "Still, pretty nice that he's on our side and not against us." Finished Prompto.

"How are we supposed to see in there?" Yuffie asked as she squinted through the darkness of the Keycatrich Trench. "Like this." The Crownsguard turned a flashlight head that was sewn into their jackets. "Oh, right." Y/n dispersed his jacket and conjured a new one. This fresh jacket had the same flashlight attachment. "Wait, you can just conjure clothing too?" Aerith gasped. "Well, yeah." "How?" Tifa added. "I don't question it." He shrugged. "Just glad I could do it."

Y/n began to lead with way with Tifa, Cloud, and Aerith following close behind. The Crownsguard followed up the rear with the others behind them. "What is this place?" Prompto asked as they looked at a steel gate that was missing its door as well as sacks of potatoes and carrots. "It appears to have been a shelter." Ignis replied. "No way people lived here." Said Yuffie. "Those seeking refuge from the war, most like." "Wars, what are they good for?" Scoffed Prompto. "You can say that again." Said Tifa. "Wonder if someone is still down here." Barret thought. "Someone or something?" Poised Y/n.

As they lowered down a set of stone stairs, a long black cable stretched down the tunnel. "A cable?" Aerith examined. "Wonder where it leads." Added Prompto. "We can follow it and see." Suggested Ignis. Following the cable, it lead the party towards a pallet holding a generator. "Think it works?" Tifa asked. "One way to find out." Y/n replied as he pulled the cord a few times, causing the generator to roar to life. "It works!" Exclaimed Prompto as light bulbs turned on throughout the tunnel. A sudden clinking rang nearby. "What was that?" Exclaimed Prompto. "My bad." Said Gladio. "Kicked a can." "Ugh. You're really killing me here big guy." "Almost gave me a heart attack." Yuffie said in a sigh of relief.

Entering deeper into the trench, Y/n pushed open a steel gate, but due to the rust, it made a loud screeching noise. Aerith and Prompto shuddered. "Hate that noise." Said the former. "I can feel eyes on us." Prompto commented. "The second we turn our eyes and... BAM!" Yuffie and Aerith squealed, only for Prompto to shout as Gladio had tapped his back. "Quit being a wuss." Gladio teased. "This place is creepy, Y/n." Tifa said as a chill ran down her spine. She grabbed onto Y/n's coat. "We'll be fine." He reassured, however the light bulbs suddenly turned off. Tifa, Aerith, and Yuffie screamed, as did Prompto. "Somebody... turn on a light!" He cried. "Somethings coming!" Warned Nanaki.