Ch.5: Mako Reactor 5

"So, did you guys bump into any giant robots like that in Reactor 1?" Asked Tifa. "Yeah, except the bastard looked like a scorpion." Answered Barret. "Speaking of which, what would you say that last one looked like?" "Huh? Uh... well..." "Looks dead now." Cloud put in.

Upon passing through a service tunnel, the group found themselves standing before an elevator. "Lo and behold." Said Barret as he walked onto the platform. Tifa followed and Y/n followed after her. Cloud pushed a red button and started the elevator. "Just so you know, it's not gonna get any easier." Warned Barret, mostly directing at Y/n. "Wasn't expecting it to." He responded.

The platform stopped and the group walked forward. "Through here and it's straight to Reactor 5." Said Barret.

" Said Barret

Tifa sighed. "You make it sound so simple." Barret chuckled. "Only cause it is. That there is the reactor support pillar." Barret said, pointing at a pillar just a few ways away. "So what's the plan?" Asked Cloud. "After plan E comes F,G, and H." Cloud scoffed. "I though E was the last." Tifa chuckled and shook her head. "This here is Section F." "We cut through Section G and head for H." Added Barret. "A cargo platform in H will get us closer to the reactor." Continued Tifa. "Biggs should be somewhere over there." Tifa looked over the railing and onto the earth below. "Looks like the sun's going down on Midgar." Barret checked as well. "Right. Double time. We got a date with a reactor."

The party pressed forward on the journey for the reactor. Along the way, more Grashtrikes erupted from their nests and attacked. Cloud was easily able to cut down two, as Barret filled once with lead. Tifa punched a Grashtrike and kicked it towards Y/n who slice it in half with his Engine Blade.

After dealing with the pests, the group took a small break. "We're still in G, right?" Asked Barret as he looked at the maze of catwalks ahead of them. "Yeah." Tifa nodded. "And to reach Mako Reactor 5, we need to go through Section 5." "But there weren't any connecting paths from G to H." Informed Y/n. "Me either. The only other route I can think of would be..." Tifa lead the boys along the catwalk and pointed over to the wall. "Along the wall." Said Cloud. "Up for giving it a try? It might not work out, but it's the only idea I've got." "It's not a bad one." "So, we're shooting for those giant fans over there? At least we got a clear landmark to guide us." Said Barret.

"Are they ventilation fans?" Asked Y/n as they continued forward. "Keeping the plate's air clean by pushing the smog into the slums." Informed Barret. "Whole system's designed to make shit roll downhill faster." "This is all messed up." "Heh. Why you think I despise Shinra so much?"

Grashtrikes, along with new piranha like creatures with wings knows as Blugu, began to attack the group. Y/n warped towards a Blugu and cleaved it in two. Cloud blocked a Grashtrike's stinger before imapling its torso. Tifa backflip kicked a Blugu and followed it into the air to slam it back down with a dive kick. Barret used his charge to explode the last two Grashtrikes.

"Hey, look." Tifa pointed at a pipe along the wall. "I think we can use that pipe to get across." "Sure looks that way." Agreed Cloud. Barret groaned. "I feel no fear. Yeah. No fear. No fear. No fear." He repeated to himself as he climbed a ladder onto the pipe. "Hey guys, uh, you know these fans a really loud and-" "You afraid of a little wind, big guy?" Y/n teased. "Hell no! I'm just worried that your bony asses will get blown off the side and shit." Y/n and Cloud shared a look and smiled to themselves. "Enough! We gotta keep moving!" Tifa interjected. "Yes ma'am." Y/n said as he took the lead. "If it makes you feel better, I'll go first."