Ch.10: All Comes Crashing

"Dropping a whole plate... just like that." Tifa said in disbelief as the arrived at the slums. "No. No way!" Tifa began to charge towards the scene. "Tifa!" Y/n called as they followed behind.

Tifa suddenly stopped and looked around. Y/n and Cloud began to scan their surroundings as well. "Please! Let us through!" Aerith pleaded, causing the cloaked specters to appear. Cloud tried to slash one down, however the blade stopped upon contact and the others began to swarm around them. "Y/n, Cloud, Tifa. We have to get passed, whatever it takes!" "Right!" Tifa nodded as she punched a specter away which Y/n followed with a warp strike. Cloud managed to slash down his first target before cutting down another. Aerith casted fire spells upon two specters which Y/n cut down with his Engine Blade and Tifa beat down with her focused strike. "There's too many!" Tifa exclaimed as she knocked down another.

Suddenly, the specters all turned towards the pillar and fled towards it. Aerith gasped and looked at the pillar with concern. "Aerith?" Cloud called. "Come on!"

The four arrived before the pillar where they saw many residents looking up towards the mayhem. Y/n couldn't help but feel guilty at the sight of what their actions caused. People here are suffering because of the actions caused by others. Just like back home with the war between Lucis and Niflheim. Y/n balled his fists and grew furious. He would fight to see these people safe and sound. "This is terrible." Y/n said. "Yeah." Tifa agreed. "All these people could lose their home." "I can't let this happen." Tifa was taken by surprise at Y/n's words. "I won't."

"What you got!? Come on!" They heard Barret's battle cries from above. Barret was going against a Shinra chopper, but he was outmatched due to its bullet proof armor. "We have to help him!" Y/n exclaimed before an explosion went off at a lower floor. "WAAAAAHHHHH!!!" "Wedge!" The party gasped as the stocky Avalance member fell off the pillar, but he was able to slow his fall thanks to his grappling hook. The party rushed to his side. "You okay!?" Asked Cloud. "Cloud... It's Shinra! They're trying to take out the pillar!" "We know." "I have to go back. Barret and the others are still..." Wedge struggled as he tried to move. "Take a rest, big man." Said Y/n as he turned to the others. "Stay with him. I'm going up." "Sure." Aerith nodded. "Um." Tifa, however, didn't seem convinced. "I'm going with you." Said Cloud. Y/n nodded and the two headed towards the gate. "I'm going too!" Wedge said in between his panting. "I can still fight!" Wedge managed to rest on his knees. "Biggs, he... they were shooting at me and he..." Tifa helped Wedge from falling over.

"Wedge, we'll handle this

"Wedge, we'll handle this." Y/n reassured, mostly to Tifa who met his determined eyes. "Be careful." She said, giving him a concerned look. Y/n nodded. "We'll patch him up." Said Aerith as they helped Wedge up. Cloud looked towards the pillar and noticed the specters. "Wedge, listen to me. You stay here with them. Ready Y/n?" "Let's go!"

The two passed the gate and headed towards the pillar where they were met with Shinra soldiers. Y/n shielded them with Ziedrich. Cloud vaulted over Y/n's shoulder as the soldiers ran out of bullets and cut them down. Y/n and Cloud slashed, burned, stabbed, froze, or electrocuted any soldier or machine standing in their way.