Ch.15: The Lab

After taking a minute to compose himself, Y/n joined the others outside the restroom; ready for the next part of their plan. "Are you okay, Y/n?" Tifa asked with concern, placing her hand on Y/n's arm. The prince looked down at the floor beneath his feet. He nodded and exhaled. "Yeah. I'll get over it." Y/n then turned to Cloud. "Let's get him." Cloud returned the nod.

As they exited exited the hall, they saw Hojo head towards the escalator. "Walking the halls of this very building." He said to himself as he paced around. "Who would have believed it. I wonder... were I to arrange a face to face..." Hojo chuckled. "How I should like to meet their offspring. Ah, but that can wait. First, we must have answers." Hojo used his keycard to open a new pathway. "A simple psychoactive agent should suffice. Nothing likely to cause any long term damage." Hojo laughed as he entered the newly opened path. "Let's go!" Instructed Cloud as the party rushed inside just in time for the door to close.

After passing through a hall filled with vats containing Mako, the team came across Hojo where Barret quickly aimed his gun at the professor. "Don't move!" Hojo groaned, but Barret smacked the gun against his back. "I ain't bluffing." "What is this?" "A dozen bullets in your head, unless you open that door right now." Hojo sighed and opened the door before them. Avalanche followed Hojo into a laboratory. "You must be the ones who've been stirring in trouble lately. The eco-terrorists?" Barret growled. "If so, I can't imagine what business you have with me. The president's upstairs. Go on, shoo." "Shut up. Keep walking." Barret pushed the professor. Many of the scientists looked on at the scene in fear. "None of y'all better move a muscle." Barret warned. "Do stop pushing." Said Hojo, brushing off his coat. "Unlike you, I am less accustomed to physical violence." "You'll get used to it." "What is it that you want?" "Our friend. She's in your lab." "Really?" "Tell us where Aerith is!" "Oh, so she's your friend. Well well well, in that case... yes... that might do the trick." Hojo began to think. "Mind speaking up some?" "It's nothing. Just imagining how she might react if I were to present to her your fresh corpses." Hojo flicked a switch, calling forth small bug like creatures. "I promise you will regret this." Hojo laughed as he clicked a few keys on a keyboard before fleeing.

A contain began to slide open, releasing a monster contained within.

The small bug monsters lept towards the team as the larger specimen roared

The small bug monsters lept towards the team as the larger specimen roared. Yuffie quickly threw her shuriken and began to make hands signs to activate her ninjutsu, causing the shuriken to clone itself and spin around the room, slicing down the smaller bugs. The larger specimen began to spew a toxin from its claw, causing the team to roll away. Cloud tried to close in on the monster, but was caught in it's clutches. "Tifa! Yuffie! On me!" Y/n instructed as he conjured Ziedrich. Yuffie tossed Tifa her shuriken as she lept onto Ziedrich. Y/n launched Tifa towards the monster as Yuffie began to replicate her ninjutsu. In a puff of smoke, a dozen Tifas appeared around the monster, all throwing the shuriken towards the monster. The shuriken managed to cut the specimen, with one severing the claw clutching Cloud. "Take some of this!" Barret roared as he blasted an overcharge at the specimen just as Cloud rolled away.