Ch.6: The Flower Girl

Y/n's eyes slowly fluttered open. His body ached in pain as his head swirled. His e/c eyes took in the sight before him. He sat up from a bed of flowers and found himself beside Cloud in what appeared to be an old church. "Oh, you are okay." Said the voice of a girl who knelt before them.

" Said the voice of a girl who knelt before them

"What?" Y/n said as he held his spinning head. Cloud suddenly sprang up and looked around frantically. "Ah, he lives as well. Finally awake, are we?" "Y/n. You're okay." "Yeah. You?" Cloud nodded as the two rose to their feet. Cloud turned to the girl. "You..." "Aerith. It's Aerith. And you are?" "Cloud." "Y/n. Nice to meet you." The girl smiled. "Nice to meet you." She then turned to Cloud. "Nice to see you again." "Again?" "You don't remember? The flowers." Cloud look at the bed of flowers underneath their feet. "Oh.... the flower girl. And this is...." "An old church in the Sector 5 Slums." Y/n looked up and noticed the hole in the ceiling. "Damn, we really fell far, didn't we?" "Lucky for you, you fell into my flower bed." Cloud began to stumble around. "S-Sorry, w-we didn't mean to..." "Don't worry about it. They're a lot tougher than they look. This place... it has a kinda power."

Y/n looked at a mural that depicted The Six. Aerith reached into her pocket and took out an orb of materia. "Before I forget, you dropped this when you landed." "Thanks." Cloud picked up the orb and pocketed it. "I've got one too." "You. And everybody and their mother." "Not like mine, no. It's special. Mine's not good for anything at all." Cloud once again had a fit of headache as he whinced and clutched his head. Y/n placed a hand on his friend's shoulder. "Cloud?" The blonde inhaled deeply and then exhaled calmly. He nodded to assure his friend that he was fine. "Bet you just don't know how to use it." He said to Aerith. "Could be." She shrugged. "Though I really don't mind. Just having it is enough. It was a gift from my mother."

"Pretty crazy, huh? Us meeting again like this. You two should stay awhile." Y/n and Cloud looked at one another. The h/c haired boy shrugged. "Guess we could stay a while." Said Cloud. Aerith gasped and jumped in excitement. "Really? You will? In that case.."

The church doors opened and in came a man with red hair named Reno; along with Shinra soldiers behind him.

"I'll see myself in, thanks

"I'll see myself in, thanks." He said with a cocky tone. He looked at the two young men. "And who are you?" "They're my bodyguards." Answered Aerith. "A SOLDIER and... uh... I'm not too sure what else, but it's still pretty cool, huh?" "A SOLDIER?" Ex-SOLDIER." Corrected Cloud. "Well whaddya know, you've got the eyed at least. What's your deal?" He asked Y/n. "Just a guy who helps his friends kick ass."