Ch.8: Wall Market Pt.2

Y/n returned to the lobby where he reunited with Aerith and Cloud. "You did it! You really did it!" Cheered Aerith as he high fived Y/n. "Nice job." Complimented Cloud as he fist bumped Y/n. "Thanks. That was too long for my liking. Let's go see Madam M."

The trio headed over to the massage parlor, although many of the patrons of Wall Market asked Y/n for pictures and autographs. "Looks like you're popular now, Y/n." Said Aerith. "Yeah. Though I'm not too sure about being an idol to this crowd." "At least people like you here." Said Cloud. "What's that supposed to mean?" The blonde chuckled.

The trio entered the massage parlor and saw Madam M counting her prize money. "You're here. Good. I have everything I need to get started. Just one thing before we do. You're Y/n, aren't you? Prince Y/n Lucis Caelum of Lucis." Y/n's eyes widened as Aerith turned to him. "You're a prince?" Y/n nodded. "Yeah. I am." "Took me long enough to realize with only that handsome face, but I recognized who you were by your display of abilities. All that I'm too familiar with." "How exactly?" "Hmmm. Let's just say your father was quite the bachelor in his day." "Ugh." "So, what brings the prince down to Midgar, much less the slums." "I came to see my friends. And as of now, one of them has a slot for Don Corneo's audition and we want to help her out." "Hm. I can see why you're so eager to help her. Tell me, is it love that drives you so?" Y/n blushed. "Then let's not waste any time. I'm going to put Aerith in the most gorgeous dress. It'll be a real jaw dropper."

Madam M took Aerith into another room making Y/n and Cloud to wander around Wall Market. As per Madam M's direction, they headed to Sam's. "Howdy, Madam M said you'd be swinging by. Lemme see if I got this straight. You ditched your lady friend and decided to have a boy's night out now that you're the champion?" "No." Y/n responded. "Kidding! Though I must say, that was a helluva show you put on. Anyway, reckon I've got a few solid gigs for ya, whaddya say? You game?" "How much?" Asked Cloud. "Enough for two of young men to have fun for a night in Wall Market. So?" "Let's do it Cloud. Who knows how long Aerith will take." "Okay."

After completing a few odd jobs for Sam, the duo returned to the bearded man. "So, tell me. What'd you see in our little enclave of sin and debauchery? Bet it was an eye opening experience." "Nothing I haven't seen before." Said Cloud. "That it for jobs?" "Not exactly. I got one more favor to ask. You wanna get Tifa out, right?" "What are you playing at?" Questioned Y/n. "Just get your asses to the colosseum. You'll see."

The two friends did just that and entered. Going down the elevator, the met the gatekeeper. "We've been waiting for you champ! Sam's got a neat little fight for ya. Said he'll allow blondie to go on too." As the entered, Y/n's eyes widened as he saw the enemies they were to face.

" As the entered, Y/n's eyes widened as he saw the enemies they were to face

"Bombs!?" Y/n gasped. "You've seen these things before?" Asked Cloud. "Not it person. My mentor, Cor, said they're highly dangerous Daemons. Watch out for their flames." Both of the red monsters dashed towards the two swordsmen who were able to evade in time. The began to spew fire which Y/n defended by creating a wall of ice with a Blizzard spell. Cloud vaulted over the ice wall and slashed a bomb away. Y/n smashed through the ice with Ziedrech and launched the other as well. Y/n launched a Blizzard spell which froze one of the bombs, allowing Cloud to cleave it in two. The remaining bomb launched fireballs which Cloud used his sword to extinguish. Y/n used his Engine Blade to slash the bomb and send it flying to Cloud who impaled it.