10 An unfriendly encounter

I woke up in my bed the next day at 7am, I brushed ,showered , did my hair, makeup, and found nice clothes to go to town in. Only problem is I gained some weight and im not a size 2 anymore. As I'm doing my makeup in the mirror I feel my cheeks flush a little at the memory of yesterday evening.
Gloria is taking me, she has community collage classes an hour away in the nearest town. I'm just excited to buy some nice clothes to wear around the house and farm. I've done nothing but sleep work school for the last few years. I'd buy clothes at the local farm supply near every small town hardware store. I had lots of worn shirts and beat up work jeans covered in primer stains, burnt holes, and my sad attempts of patching with peices of other jeans that have ripped and teared cause it's still good fabric.
Gloria is the more fashion forward sister of us two, but our little brother Brent has no taste. He wears crocks and basketball shorts in the nice cab tractor every time he knows he will be driving it for us. In the truck Gloria informs me "it's gonna get hot later today at noon, I only have 2 classes today so we will have to drive home in the heat sorry the truck doesn't have AC." I wave it off and say "no worries I've worked through hot days many times I won't be bothered." She snickers as tell me "well then I guess I shouldn't tell you to pick up a swim suit while you're out then, Cody mentioned he planned to go swimming. He said if we came he would light the grill out there by the dock pad and cook us something." My mouth watered at the idea of grilled veggies and hot dogs smothered with them, a diet of gas station sandwiches and Gatorade has made me a whore for a good meal. Maybe this is why I gained so much weight...
She drops me off at the open mall part of town and I start at a place called boot barn, it sounds cute and has a barn theme so maybe they sell clothes I'd like too. I picked out a few blouses in light blue, white, and ivory. I found some levi jeans in a darker wash that fit nice and I grabbed a brown and pink pair of Durango boots. These will just be my nice boots I'll keep my other worn pair for work. I was just browsing the dresses and skirts trying to imagine myself in a more feminine style.
I found a over the knee length, blue, floral print skirt that felt nice on my fingers. The fabric was soft and I thought my silky white strapped blouse would look nice with it. I have to find some shoes to wear with this, boots wouldn't look as feminine with the outfit. I pop over to the dress shoes and I find some dressy leather brown sandals that would look good with any of the outfits I chose. I pick out some silver and turquoise rings, bracelets and a necklace that's just a silver cord with a dewdrop turquoise stone. I usually just wear a brown leather watch but maybe for the skirt outfit I'll wear some of the jewelry with it.
I made a few more purchases and then I went to the next store to renew my makeup stash. I usually just use a tinted powder to even my skin tone when I start feeling the sun's heat. If I use liquid foundation it tends to sweat off and crack so I stick to a layer of sunscreen and I make it matte with my powder. I find a soft pink blush for days when I want a little pink over the bridge of my nose and I get a fine brow pencil and some black mascara. It says it's the volume kind but so far I think all of them do the same thing but what do I know. I grab a setting spray and I saw a glittery eyeshadow palate that had all neutral skintone colors and a pink one so I grabbed that too, I couldn't resist the sparkles. I was just looking around at all the other things when a girl my age approached me. She had blonde hair and blue eyes and she had a full face of glam makeup on. She might have worked here I didn't see anyone with name tags on but she was dressed in all black so I sort of just asssumed she was coming to sell me something else. She was chewing gum and she stopped to say "I remember you! I bet you don't remember me we graduated together. Haven't seen you for a long time I thought you might of died. Cody seemed more of a depressed baby than usual picking up his feed orders." I began to remember this girl she and I used to be friends when we were kids, her dad would bring her and her brothers over to play with us kids sometimes. She always bullied me but would swoon and coo over Cody and Brent. I thought it was because she only had brothers and a father. We were told to go easy on her because of her mother dieing, I'm beginning to think we went too easy. I snort a laugh and ask her "what's that supposed to mean Hillary? Are you telling me you missed me?" She rolls her eyes. She says quietly like she only wants me to hear what she says "you think your so sharp, don't you? It s good to know your still SO humble. Anyway, I have to run. My husband is waiting for me, she flashes her engagement ring like it's a metal." I say my goodbye back "wow, knowing you I bet your daddy paid him well to take your hand in matrimony." She whips and evil look at me and spits a "whatever, barn girl." And leaves the store. I see her hop in the passenger of a big new white pick up and leave.