When Lightning Strikes

DISCLAIMER: I only own the characters pictured above and the plot. Everything Else belongs to Cressida Cowell, Dean DeBlois, Chris Sanders, Bonnie Arnold, Will Davis, Steve Hickner, Tom Owens, Kate Spencer, Adam F. Goldberg, John Puglisi, Bruce Seifert, Peter Steinfield, Aimée Marsh, Johane Matte, Ken Morrissey, David Moses Pimentel, Jeff Snow, Elaine abogan, John Sanford, Chad Hammes, Art Brown, Douglas Sloan, Linda Teverbaugh, Mike Teverbaugh, Brad Lewis, Jonathan Groff, Jon Pollack, Tim Johnson, and every other person who was included in creating the franchise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[The episode opens up with a Monstrous Nightmare flying over Dragon Isles. It lands on top of a house. The house breaks and the Nightmare falls.]

The dragon winced, that had to hurt. 

Hiccup(v.o.): Living with dragons has its ups... and its downs. You need to stay calm. Keep a clear head. Not always easy with Vikings.

[Scene changes to show Hiccup drawing sketches of dragon perches, with Schmidt watching over his shoulder.]

Hiccup: More supports?

Schmidt: Eh, well, they are dragons.

Hiccup (v.o.): In our own way, we're very reasonable.

"It seems like forever since I thought otherwise" Hiccup said with a wistful smile. He glanced over to where Berk was sitting. Although he had his doubts about the village he could see a change in a few of them especially Gobber. 

[Scene cuts to Drekians building the dragon perches. Stormfly hovers over one to test it out, and hesitates.]

"How many fails did it take to make dragon's afraid?" Astrid asked with a raised eyebrow. 

"Many fails. But it worked out in the end....for the most part" Hiccup says changing his answer at the last minute at the incredulous stares he got from the villagers. Perhaps the only good thing that came out of those supports was to prove Thor wasn't mad at Toothless. 

Noell: It's okay, girl. Just take it easy.

[Stormfly lands on it. And it supports her weight.]

Hiccup: Yes! It works!

Schmidt: Way to go!

Snotlout: Whoo-hoo-hoo-hoo!

Tuffnut: So we built these things so stuff wouldn't break?

"Boring" The twins sung. 

Ruffnut: I don't understand you people.

Tuffnut: And they tricked us into helping them build them. I feel so used... and sweaty. 

"I'd rather you two help than destroy" Axel said at the same time Hiccup exclaimed "How did we trick you?!" 

[The scene changes to night, and shows Hiccup, Axel, and Schmidt at a table in Hiccup's house.]

Hiccup (v.o.): But when a problem is caused by something Vikings don't understand, they lose all sense of reason. And that can become very dangerous.

"Give me one good reason that supports his claim" Stoick said staring at his son.

"Dragon, lightning, dragon raids" Hiccup listed counting each one off with his fingers rolling his eyes. "When you people don't understand something you get violent" 

"Lad, I believe Stoick asked for one reason" Gobber said with a hint of a smile. He figured if he wanted to get close to Hiccup he must accept that the boy no longer considers Stoick as his father and that he has a new one.