I

Copyright © 2024 Nikie_Sterling_27 All Rights Reserved

"No part of this fanfiction may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system, without written permission from the author."

This is a work of fiction based in a dystopian Korea

This is a work of fiction based in a dystopian Korea. All characters, organizations, and events are fictitious.

Trigger warning : Mature language, mature topics, mentions of r*pe, murder, arson, corrupt society, lacking mental health discussion, etc.

In the dead of night, a lone sleek black car appears out of seemingly nowhere. It smoothly speeds down the empty highway, entering a lone tunnel. From the lights that line the stone and concrete walls, the driver and passenger of the car can be seen in brief flashes. The driver, an attractive, older man in an expensive and impressive-looking suit, sat stone-faced as he smoothly drove the car. His passenger, a younger and attractive woman, sat with a bored expression on her face as she stared out of the window while having her hands rested on her lap and wearing an all-white dress, a single rosette resting on the left shoulder, and a floor-sweeping cape sewn in.

When they drove out of the tunnel, they were greeted by the sparkling lights and imposing buildings that seemed to stretch into the heavens that now made up South Korea. The woman turned her head and narrowed her eyes at the sight, as if all the sudden lights were impairing her vision. Now that they were within the city limits, all life seemed to return to the world. There were countless cars driving around them, all heading somewhere neither cared to know; construction sites at the very bottom lay abandoned for the night, and the two had the fortune of sticking to the less-inhabited road so as to not compete with traffic.

A yellow light suddenly appeared on the side of the woman's face. She turned to see that a giant LED board lining the front side of a building was the cause of the light and frowned when she read the sign.

' SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY FOUNDATION '

Somewhere, a man began giving his speech to a crowd of people with gusto and plenty of energy.

"Two years! It's been two years, everyone! The dreadful two years I'd rather not remember! As an unprecedented pandemic swept across the country, companies crumbled and families were forced out onto the streets." The man, wearing a classic black-and-white suit and glasses, preached to his audience. The physical one continued to either mill about the large room or politely sat down, pretended to pay attention, and drank their poison for the night while his speech was broadcast throughout the city to the majority of the public that couldn't attend the elitist party. "Not to mention the ungrounded propaganda against the privileged, which led to arson and terrorism, and in the end, yes, that's right. The Gwanghwamun riot!"