IX

Backstory development went crazy and none of you said anything. Sad.

Eun-mi truly didn't care who Yo-han danced with

Eun-mi truly didn't care who Yo-han danced with. Things had already become strange between them, with him accidentally bringing up her late sister and while she understood and forgave him for it, it didn't mean that her feelings of hurt suddenly went away. So while he danced with Jeong Seon-a, she found herself some member of a conglomerate to dance with that didn't completely repulse her to be around. What she didn't realize was that Yo-han kept looking over at her while attempting to keep up a conversation with Seon-a, who quickly noticed where his eyes kept moving over to and felt the unfamiliar hand of jealousy grip at her heart.

"You must really care about that secretary of yours. You haven't stopped looking over at her since I took you away from her." Seon-a said, with a bit of an edge to her voice.

Yo-han finally looked at her fully with an impassive look on his face. This was the problem of keeping someone you were close to nearby at nearly all times. People quickly noticed the unprofessional relationship between them and he always assumed that they planned to use it against him, seeing as how everyone in this world was only out for themselves. He knew he hadn't been the most careful when it came to shielding Eun-mi from the eyes of the world but that's why he became such a colossal figure in such a short amount of time.

What better way to protect the few that he actually cared for than to make himself so prominent and inescapable that no one would even bother looking for a weak spot?

"With how much I'm paying her to stay and handle all the things I don't want to, I can't afford something to happen to her and find myself without a good secretary. Finding good help is hard and all that." Yo-han told her, sounding completely apathetic while talking about Eun-mi. Perhaps it was enough to throw Seon-a off of Eun-mi and back to only targeting him.

"Hm, is that so?" Seon-a questioned, the edge in her voice now gone. "I think I may actually pity the poor girl if that's how you feel about her. You two looked so intimate before that I assumed there was more to you two than meets the eye. You must have that girl swooning for you by now if you're treating her like that so suddenly but she's really nothing more than good help."

Yo-han said nothing as he lightly spun her around and then pressed her against his side. From this angle, he could see Eun-mi sharing a laugh with a man in glasses who looked to be in his mid-thirties. Yo-han ignored the burning grip of hatred that enveloped him at the sight and focused on Seon-a, who seemed happy to be in his arms and Eun-mi, who seemed to be having fun with another man.

"But you know what?" Seon-a asked him, turning her head to look at him with a cross of a smirk and a smile on her face. "To return to our previous conversation, what our benefactors hate the most is a story with a twist."