: ̗̀➛ ✧.* Thirty three

Blame a man for making me write this chapter in this manner.

Trigger warning : Basically everything, death, mentions of self-deletion (I censored as best as I could), multiple emotional emotions, arguing, physical violence, talks about afterlife, what happens after death, souls (if you squint), conversation about what makes a good person good etc;.

Quick hands

Quick hands. Rushed and half-done folding. Stuffing everything and anything into two suitcases. Eyes locked onto the task at hand while the taste of bile rested inside one's throat, begging to come out but refusing to let anyone see how nervous and sick you feel.

Bae Eun-mi was no stranger to running away from one's problems. She had done so for many years since her sister died. She ran to her parents, to her aunt, and to America in order to avoid her dark past; she ran away from her uncle's strange propositions, and so many more instances existed. But she never thought she'd find herself running away from them. The Kang's. Her second family and their home that she had, in a way, grown up in.

She blamed Cha Gyeong-hui for sh**ting herself, selfishly avoiding the repercussions of her actions; Kim Ga-on for always riding his damn high horse for justice and morality that gave him the idea that he could look down on others for "tainting" him when no one forced his damn hand into anything; Yoon Su-hyeon and her hypocritical ways; Yo-han, but largely herself. Honestly, it was both everyone's and no one's fault that she was running. It felt like the past few nights and days were just the final strikes of a blade to cut at her patience and endurance.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘  Last Night ∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

"Now, are you relieved?" Kim Ga-on asked Yo-han and Eun-mi.

They were fresh from the crime scene of Cha Gyeong-hui's self-death, Ga-on's investigation of Gyeong-hui's dead body for the golden file on the president and other members of the foundation, and then getting found by Su-hyeon red-handed, literally, only to be let go.

"Kim Ga-on." Yo-han said in a warning tone. To not cross the line of being an ally to one that no one could stand.

"I'm sorry. I know you're not to blame, sir." Ga-on quickly apologized.

Eun-mi couldn't quite tell how much of it was genuine or said just for the sake of still being included in the fold. She played with the butterfly charm of her necklace and pondered over how much of what she said was loaded in the bullet that took Gyeong-hui's life.

"I know it's hard, but what happened has happened. Just forget about it." Yo-han advised, a bit poorly, to be honest.

"Forget about it?" Ga-on questioned him in a baffled tone, tears building up in his eyes.