XVII

If anyone ever speaks ill of Queen Irene, I'm deleting your comment. Look at this cutie!! 😭😭😭💓💓💖💖💕💞💓💖💕

A NEW DAYSUPREME COURT (Chief Justice Ji Yoon-Sik)

A NEW DAY
SUPREME COURT (Chief Justice Ji Yoon-Sik)

"As for the matter of the next trial, this case here—"

"Let's go with another case." Chief Justice Ji Yoon-Sik said, cutting off Eun-mi mid-sentence.

Eun-mi blinked at him twice, as she was dumbfounded that he would take her hard work and toss it aside as if it meant nothing. No one threw out her hard work. She had always gotten praise for her attention to detail and expert research.

"Another case?" Yo-han asked, taking the attention off of a frozen Eun-mi.

"There is a case the prosecution is insisting on." Yoon-sik explained, giving the two a look of sympathy.

"Are they?" Yo-han asked a bit sarcastically, tapping his foot against Eun-mi's dark brown leather ankle boot to bring her back to reality.

"It's not to our benefit to put just one office under the spotlight. Surely, you understand as well, Ms. Bae. Let's give them a chance too." Yoon-sik told the two, who looked equally dissatisfied at being forced to take this next case. "From now on, the case nomination for the Live Court Show will be done through our screening. Ms. Bae was unanimously appointed to the role of deciding which case gets approved for the show. I'm just letting you both know now."

Eun-mi wanted to throw up or punch someone in the throat. Clearly, someone was trying to separate her and Yo-han or put a stop to Yo-han selecting which people in high power to go after. She pulled at the collar of her beige turtleneck knit sweater and pushed the violent thoughts down.

"That's fine. The show is still in its infant stage, so it's to be expected." Eun-mi said, forcing herself to sound fine with the whole situation.

"Isn't it best to focus on drawing attention?" Yo-han asked the older man.

"Social rest always comes first. If you won't agree, we have other excellent judges in our judiciary, even if they're not as excellent as you are." Yoon-sik said, eyes locked on Yo-han.

Eun-mi looked over at Yo-han with a bit of worry on her face. Yo-han was never one for threats or attempts at taking him away from his job. He let out a short and wry scoff before slightly nodding his head at Yoon-sik.

"Is that right?" He asked Yoon-sik with a strained smile on his face.

Yoon-sik met his smile with a relaxed one of his own. He then leaned over and picked up his tea cup from the coffee table.

"Don't forget who has personnel authority, Judge Kang." He told Yo-han before taking a sip of his tea.

Yo-han let out a sigh before standing up. Eun-mi quickly followed his lead and stood up from her seat as well.