Chapter 6: Shadows of Destiny

Minwoo's fight with the fiery beast oddly quieted Seoul's nightlife. The atmosphere was eerie and calm, with only the faint sounds of city life breaking up the silence. Minwoo, who was known as "the Fox in a Suit," moved silently through the dark alleyways while carrying the charm within his grasp. He couldn't settle his thoughts as he thought about the charm's power and the dangers it posed.

Minwoo's gumiho senses tingled as he turned the corner, letting him know that someone was suddenly there. Before he could move, a person jumped out of the darkness and blocked his way. The shadows let out a strange figure with a face that was hidden but had a sharp, intense look.

"I think you have what is truly mine," she said in a firm, quiet voice.

As he carefully looked at the woman, Minwoo held the charm close to his chest. "And what could that be?" he asked, keeping his voice steady even though he was feeling uneasy.

The woman walked up to him with deliberate and precise steps. She answered, "The Amulet of Seonhwa," and her voice had a hint of danger in it. "This is something that my family really values, and I'm going to get it back forever."

Soon, Minwoo realized how serious things were, and his heart started beating fast. According to Celeste, the woman Seonhwa, the witch who made the charm, was her closest cousin. Over many years, her family had been searching for it and had traveled all over the world. That evening, she finally felt the amulet's energy and saw it held by a gumiho.

"I can't just give it to you," Minwoo said firmly. "There are secrets inside this amulet that can't be seen, and I need to keep it from getting into the wrong hands."

Celeste moved forward with a determined purpose in her eyes. "You just don't get it," she yelled, her words mean. "The amulet is very important to the past of our family, and I will do whatever it takes to get it back."

Minwoo was desperately trying to figure out how to get out of his situation. But he couldn't give up the ring, and he didn't want to fight Celeste either. Just as he was about to do something, she jumped in front of him and put out her hand for the charm.

She reached out to grab Minwoo, who immediately stepped back. In a dangerous scowl, the woman's eyes became more intense.

"You're wrong," she told him, sounding really scared. "The amulet is a treasured family heirloom, and I won't let anyone block its place."

Suddenly, she attacked Minwoo with deadly accuracy. Although he didn't have time to answer, Minwoo quickly avoided her attacks while holding the amulet, which was softly glowing.

In the meantime, Detective Jiyeon and Detective Han-neul Oh were on their way home from the forensic office after looking at the fingerprint that was found on the broken case where the charm was preserved. The pieces of the puzzle she was trying to put together to make sense of the strange case were still not quite fitting.

Although she was walking through the calm streets of Seoul, she suddenly noticed a faint noise in the distance. Curious, she changed her path and followed the noise, finally finding Minwoo and Celeste fighting in the dark alley.

As Minwoo slowly lifted his hands, the charm in his hands still gave off a soft glow. "Detective, it's not what it seems," he said, trying to stay calm in a very tense situation.

Jiyeon was closely looking at him with her gun steady and pointed at him. "Explain," she told him firmly.

Minwoo stopped and quickly searched his mind for a reason. He was careful with his words as he began, "I happened upon this charm. It's... dangerous. Because it was linked to a dark force, I was determined to keep it from getting into the wrong hands."