Chapter 12: The Fox's Disguise

With Minwoo following behind, Jiyeon led them straight to the police station. Immediately, she sat down at her desk. The detective's team, on the other hand, thought Minwoo was one of them, and he easily fit in. Minwoo believed that he could retrieve the fox orb from Jiyeon by making her poop. Minwoo pretends to be Jiyeon's colleague and lavishes her with a variety of tasty meals.

As Jiyeon stared at the guy standing before her, her eyes widened in surprise. With her eyes raised, she spoke.

"What the heck is this?" Jiyeon asked, a little annoyed.

"Food. It looks like you're hungry." Minwoo said with a smile, pretending to be a police officer who works with Jiyeon.

Jiyeon grinned. "Please come here." Jiyeon subtly motioned for Minwoo to come near her.

Confident in his skills, Minwoo was beaming with excitement. He didn't see Jiyeon's quick moves coming. Suddenly and hard, she hit Minwoo in the face.

"Ouch!" Minwoo's response was one of complete shock. His hand lightly touched his red cheek. "What's wrong with you?" It surprised Minwoo that Jiyeon responded so differently.

"What's wrong with you, Baek-hyun?" Detective Oh chuckled and continued. "You know Detective Jiyeon doesn't eat much, so why give her that much? Well, I don't mind if I eat...."

The detective's words shocked Minwoo. He quickly gathered up all the food, including the piece that Detective Oh was holding, and put it all in a paper bag.

"You're not even attractive." After an argument with the male detective, Minwoo left.

"That one is completely crazy!" Seriously, he said I'm ugly?" Han-neul Oh, who was annoyed, asked Jiyeon.

"That's what he meant to say, even though he didn't say it out loud," Jiyeon said.

"That guy, he thought he was pretty cool," Han-neul Oh said in a cranky tone.

Jiyeon let out a quiet laugh. "Please explain what happened at Kim Ji Sung's house. Who do you think the thief is?"

Detective Oh's face got serious. "Your best buddy, the Fox in a Suit."

Jiyeon furrowed her brow. She remembered that Kim Ji Sung may have been Fox's target due to his obsession with collecting antiques.

"Are you sure? What is it that he took?" Jiyeon asks curiously.

"Rare and expensive item. It is known as the "Enigma Puzzle." Han-neul Oh said.

"The complex Enigma Puzzle is said to hold the universe's secrets. Once it is unlocked, it gives access to hidden levels and unmatched knowledge. Deciphering a cosmic riddle that defies the laws of space and time is like that. Many illustrious figures have spent their whole lives seeking the meaning of life and deciphering this riddle."

"Wow!" Han-neul Oh Oh was astonished. Jiyeon explained the Enigma Puzzle well. "I didn't know you knew about that thing."

Similarly, Jiyeon was also a little confused. Although she didn't know much, the mention of the Enigma Puzzle made her remember something familiar, which made her quote its meaning.

"Perhaps I just read that somewhere in the museum." Jiyeon paused. "If Fox took it, he knows its worth."

"Well, the Fox knows a lot about things that have been around for a long time. He has a keen sense for distinguishing authenticity from artifice. It's fairly strange, isn't it? He seems to have been around for a long time, doesn't he?"

"Oh, Detective!"

Jiyeon and Han-neul Oh stared at the newcomer, speechless.

"Detective, you've finally arrived." Detective Baek-hyun, who came, smiled.

"Baek-hyun, detective! What did you say earlier about how I looked?" Han-neul Oh growled at him in a low, alarming way.

"What? I just got back from patrolling, though." Surprised, Baek-hyun said.

"You believe you can fool me?" Han-neul Oh said in a cranky tone. "Come here, and I'll assure you that what you said will have consequences."

A single step sent Baek-hyun's senses screaming that he was about to fall. "Hold on, detective. I don't understand what you mean. No way, Mom!" Baek-Hyun ran off, and Han-neul Oh was right behind him.

While they were playing, Jiyeon's thoughts started to wander. She quickly started her browser and opened a new tab. Being naturally curious, she started putting in the search bar, eager to find out more about the strange things she had seen about Fox in a Suit.

Instantly, a beautiful picture of a gumiho and a thorough description appeared on her laptop screen. As she read each line, she carefully thought about what it meant.

She softly murmured, remembering her meeting with Fox and seeing how strong, fast, and agile he was. The Fox easily sneaked into the museum and quickly left, so quickly that she wasn't even aware of what he was doing. Jiyeon was trying to catch the thief and couldn't help but be amazed at how fast and strong he was.

"Heightened Senses," she said in a low voice. "That cunning fox always seems to know what I'm going to do and easily avoids me."

"Playing with the environment and creating illusions." A frown appeared on Jiyeon's face as she read the next section. "Shifting Shapes and Seduction."

Jiyeon looked at Baek-hyun one more time. She was already in Han-neul Oh Oh's arms and being scolded harshly.

"It's likely..." At the thought of that, she was shocked. "That Baek-Hyun I hit isn't Baek-Hyun; it's the Fox in a Suit!"

The thought of it made Jiyeon's heart race. She wasn't sure what she was feeling at that moment.