Chapter 24: An Unwanted Guest

As soon as Minwoo left Jiyeon's house, he felt a strange energy that made him even more suspicious. After carefully checking the outside of the flat, he left, still being careful and aware.

At the same time, there was a strong sense of anxiety in Jiyeon's room. While Jiyeon was focused on locking up her things, she felt an unwanted presence and quickly pulled her gun out from under the bed. There was a huge hole in the wall between the living room and bedroom, which made the room even more disorganized.

As Jiyeon got ready to face the stranger, a woman with long hair walked into her flat. Her skin was pale, her eyes were bright, and her smile was sweet. Even though she didn't expect the visitor, she exuded ease and elegance while wearing bright, modern clothes that gave the impression of having an international impact.

"Stop right there! Raise your hands!" The woman was in Jiyeon's sights as she spoke with a firm voice.

The woman didn't say anything and kept her eyes on the inside of her house. I asked, "Who are you and why are you at my house?" Jiyeon asked.

The woman smiled at Jiyeon as she turned to face him. She looked around the messy flat with an interested look on her face.

She asked casually, "Is this a house?" as she looked around at the mess. "Your style in home decor is pretty interesting," the woman said in a slightly joking way.

Jiyeon's grip on her gun got stronger. "Who are you?" Her voice was full of doubt when she spoke.

With a quick move, the woman took out a shiny blade from her side, her smile getting bigger. She said mysteriously, "I'm here for what I want, and you have it." Her eyes were shining with determination.

Out of the blue, the woman charged Jiyeon quickly, turning her hand into a blade and aiming it straight at her chest. Jiyeon just barely escaped the attack, which made her heart beat faster.

Jiyeon and the woman, whose moves were as smooth as water, got into a heated fight. The woman moved with a deadly grace, and her blade always hit its target. Jiyeon responded with quick, smart strikes of her own.

It was deafening in the room as Jiyeon fought to protect herself. The woman kept attacking Jiyeon, and each attack was meant to take away her weapons and take whatever she wanted.

It was clear that Jiyeon was good with her gun, but because they were fighting so close, she had to use hand-to-hand combat instead. She moved around carefully, looking for a chance to fight back.

Even though the fight was still going on, Jiyeon's mind was full of questions. This woman seemed strange. Who was she? What did she want? Her thought was cut short when the woman's blade just barely touched her cheek and made a small cut.

Jiyeon firmly turned down the woman's advances and their faces were locked in a tight battle for control. As Jiyeon worked as hard as she could, her forehead was wet with sweat.

The woman's eyes sparkled with a fiery desire, and her spirit was filled with a strong resolve. She said, "You can't stop me" in a low, scary voice.

However, Jiyeon stayed determined; her resolve never wavered. She quickly gained a lot of strength and was able to disarm the woman, making the blade fall to the ground with a loud crash.

With her heart racing and excitement pumping through her body, Jiyeon held the woman at gunpoint while her chest rose and fell quickly. "Who are you? What do you want?" she asked, breaking the nervous quiet with her words.

The woman's eyes got narrow, and there was a hint of mischief in them. "I am an Encantado, and I want that Fox Bead," she said with a determined tone.

The news about the Fox Bead made Jiyeon's heart beat fast with joy. "The Fox Bead? What does that have to do with me?" She asked, her mind running with all the possible answers. Although she knew what was being discussed, she chose not to say anything about the fox bead.

There was a sly grin on the Encantado's face. When her eyes met Jiyeon's, she said, "Everything."

Before Jiyeon could do anything, the woman quickly moved, grabbing for something hidden under her clothes. When Jiyeon felt the urge to kill, she did so, and the sound echoed through the small flat.

When the bullet hit the Encantado in the shoulder and made her fall backward, she was shocked and her eyes grew wide. She screamed in pain, fell to the ground, and held on to her hurt shoulder.

Jiyeon stood over her and pointed her gun at the woman who was lying on the ground. "Who sent you? What is the Fox Bead?" she asked in a strong voice, even though she was very excited.

The Encantado clenched her teeth and looked determined, even though it hurt. "You'll never understand," she snarled, her voice full of anger. "You might not be as skilled or knowledgeable in this area."

The Encantado reached for something hidden under her clothes with a strange hand in one last, frantic effort. Jiyeon was convinced it was a fin. Instantaneously, Jiyeon responded and kicked the object away from the woman.

Jiyeon was shocked when she saw that her clothes were torn and lying on the ground. She stood naked in front of the woman and stood still as the Encantado's fingers pierced her belly. Jiyeon felt a quick, strong pressure in her stomach, and then she lost all feeling in her stomach. Suddenly, the hand was pulled away, and something was taken from inside her. The ball gave off a soft, airy glow that drew people in. Fox Bead.

The Encantado let out a sharp cry and changed into a whirling mist of scary smoke before Jiyeon could respond. As the mist lifted, leaving behind only the faint scent of the sea, Jiyeon felt a mix of awe and fear.

Jiyeon fell to the ground, shaking and overjoyed. Her heart was beating with a mixture of fear and wonder. She slowly picked up the Fox Bead with a shaking hand, feeling the power pulse under her fingers.

Then all of a sudden, the door flew open, causing Jiyeon to quickly grab the Fox Bead and eat it again out of fear that another being might have wanted it. Unexpectedly, the gumiho walked into the room with worried eyes. "Detective, are you okay?" he asked, worry in his voice.

Jiyeon stared at him, her eyes loaded with emotions. A whispered "I... think so" came from her.

Minwoo knelt next to her and put his hand on her shoulder softly. "What happened?" he asked, looking around at the disaster. "What is the Fox Bead?"

When Jiyeon saw the gumiho, she took a deep breath and tried to hold back her anger. "You're so heartless; you're worried about your Fox Bead than my life!" She growled.

Even though Minwoo's face turned sad and his eyes got narrow, he didn't say a word. "What makes everything seem like everyone wants it?" Jiyeon asked with a sure tone in her voice.

Minewoo said, "Even if I explain it to you, you won't get it. Where might it be?"

Jiyeon smiled in a naughty way. "I am not sure where."

Minwoo felt a wave of relief wash over him as he looked at the shining Fox Bead in Jiyeon's hand. He looked at the part of the floor that was giving off smoke. The person who attacked Jiyeon seemed to be familiar to him.

"What else are you doing? Won't you take me to the hospital?" Jiyeon made a noise.

A quick look from Minwoo went her way. "It's not necessary," Minwoo admitted.

"What?" Jiyeon yelled, clearly shocked. "Why don't you get it? I'm wounded and bleeding!

Minwoo decided to keep quiet and only gave her a glance. Jiyeon's wrath grew, creating irritation.

"You are fully responsible for it. My death wouldn't have happened this way if not for that useless Fox Bead. I can't understand why any living thing would want to hurt me for..."

"Don't worry," Minwoo told her. He got up from his seat and walked over to the bed.

"What?" Jiyeon yelled in surprise. She looked at her wound, but there was no sign of it. Skin on her stomach shows faint signs of blood. "How..."

"You have my Fox Bead, and you're with me, so you're safe," Minwoo encouraged as he quickly put the things he found in the bag.

Jiyeon was shocked and jumped to her feet. It was unbelievable that she had the power to heal. Although she could feel the creature's hand deep in her stomach, there was no sign of it anywhere, not even a scar.

We need to leave right away," Minwoo told Jiyeon. He quickly grabbed her hand and led her out of the house.