Chapter 18: Hidden Truths

Minwoo's growing worry was very different from Ryu's happy mood. They were having a lively talk in the guest room, but there was tension building between them. What Minwoo did with Jiyeon had consequences, and Ryu's fun teasing made his inner fight even worse.

"You were pretty cool earlier," Ryu said with a sly grin while jumping on the bed like a kid.

Minwoo gracefully opened the door to the guest room. "Minwoo, having lived for 995 years is a pretty special experience!" Ryu yelled and jumped around on the bed with joy. "It is truly amazing how such a beautiful interior can be hidden in such a normal-looking house."

Minwoo replied with an eyebrow raised at Ryu, "My house is not at all patchwork. It's all just a show to resemble a normal person. Also, stop jumping on the bed. You're damaging my things."

After laughing, Ryu crossed his legs on the bed in a relaxed way. "Why weren't you going earlier? You will be able to get the rare fox bead with just a little more work. So why hold back?"

The wrinkle on Minwoo's face showed that he was having a hard time inside. "You seemed to be watching what I did in the room earlier."

"Of course. Excuse me, but I'm curious as to why you've asked for quiet." A naughty grin spread across Ryu's face. "I am sorry, but I can't do that."

Minwoo let out a heavy sigh because Ryu's jokes were making her feel bad. "Have you heard of this?" Ryu quickly changed the subject and became more serious.

"Heard what?" When Minwoo asked, he turned his head away from Ryu's look.

Ryu told them, "Aya is coming back here, and Hye-sun is here with her."

"What?" Minwoo yelled, clearly shocked by what was said. "When? Then why the haste?" Minwoo was shocked and shocked, his eyes getting bigger.

"Aya's training is over. You're lucky because Hye-sun said training Aya wasn't even hard for her," Ryu said with a mocking grin.

Minwoo's lips were lit up with a small smile. "That means her mother's blood from humans is weaker than her blood from foxes."

"Maybe you might think about letting me date Aya if you wanted me to..." Ryu teased in a fun way, wiggling his eyebrows in a naughty way.

"No," Minwoo said in a firm voice, not letting anyone argue.

Ryu smiled in a naughty way. "Aya — not you — will make the choice."

"Do you have any ideas, Ryu?" It was clear that Minwoo was annoyed when he let out a rude laugh. "Aya has a special mix of human and fox blood, while you have the powerful nature of a dragon. What do you want your child to become if you stay together? This is crazy! You're going crazy!"

"I'm only going to go after your sister, but your mind is leaping ahead too far. What you're having trouble with is our child in the future," Ryu chuckled. "Is that a sign that I can sleep with your sister?"

"What the... no! Just find someone who likes the same things you do, Ryu," Minwoo told him strongly, ending the chat.

At the same time, Jiyeon was standing in front of the mirror in Minwoo's room, thinking about all the things she had forgotten and the questions she still had. As she slowly ran her fingers along the intricate patterns on the mirror frame, she was deeply thinking about something.

Jiyeon said to herself in a silly voice, "He even has an actor's name."

Jiyeon was lost in her thoughts and was taken back to the fateful night when she met Minwoo for the first time, or rather, the sneaky gumiho who was pretending to be Minwoo.

Flashback

Jiyeon's eyes grew wide with surprise as she felt something strange in her mouth. She couldn't catch her breath as a strange rush of energy shot through her body and landed in the pit of her stomach. It made her feel strange, and she couldn't believe it.

She quickly moved away from Minwoo because of the sudden change in events that made her feel lost. "What... what were those things?" The person, who was completely confused and shocked, yelled out in shock.

When Minwoo got up, his voice was filled with anger. "Detective, it looks like you stole our little game."

Jiyeon shot him a sharp look. Her eyes were filled with anger and confusion. Pay attention to what you say, or you could end up in jail. She made her way to the door and said, "I'm going."

When Minwoo grabbed her wrist, he was determined not to let go. "Don't leave until you give back what you took."

End of the flashback

"Why did he call me a thief? Why might it be..." Jiyeon whispered to herself, and the skin on her face creased as she thought.

Her mind suddenly flashed back to a clear memory, which sent a chill down her back.

Flashback

On that terrible night, Jiyeon saw a gumiho, a mythical creature that was very beautiful. She felt like she had stepped into a story from another world. There was an elegant movement from the gumiho that directed her attention to the precious fox bead that was inside her.

Her heart was beating fast as she stuttered, "I... I don't understand what you're saying."

"Detective, you know what I want," the gumiho said in a whisper, his warm breath stroking her skin. "This is my fox bead. I want it back; it's mine.

"I don't have it," Jiyeon said in a weak voice, almost a whisper. "I'm sorry, but I think I might not get what you mean."

"Here it is, detective. It comes from deep inside you." Gumiho spoke in a whisper. His voice was strong as he whispered, "This isn't done yet, officer." "I'll be back to get what is mine."

End of the flashback

When Jiyeon thought about the scary words of the gumiho, she got a chill down her spine. "Does Minwoo also want that? What was the fox bead I ate that day?" She asked herself what was going on as her mind raced over the possible outcomes.

At the same time, Ryu looked at Jiyeon in the mirror and smiled slyly. His eyes were sparkling with mischief.

"Extraordinary girl. She will soon find out that you are not human, Minwoo." And Ryu couldn't help but laugh. He found the whole thing very funny.

When Minwoo heard Ryu's words, they woke him up from his trance and helped him focus again. He wrinkled his face because he felt so bad about what he had done.

"It's annoying!" Minwoo sighed deeply as he felt frustrated with what he had done.

Ryu quickly looked at Minwoo, and his sharp eyes picked up on the small signs of stress on his friend's shoulders. "I'm hungry. Would you like us to eat her and her friend?" Ryu asked, his lips twitching slyly.

Minwoo took a quick look at Ryu, and something scary seemed to be in his eyes. His voice was low and serious. "Don't joke about that."

Ryu raised an eyebrow, losing his humor. He said, "I wasn't joking," and his eyes lit up with hunger.

Minwoo's face showed a little fear for a moment before it went back to normal. "Ryu, we can't do that." He said, "We have to find another way," and his eyes didn't waiver.

Ryu shrugged and leaned back on the bed. "Hurry up, Minwoo. Time is running out," he said vaguely, his eyes fixed on Minwoo's.

While sitting silently, the two friends' greatest desires clashed, creating a tangible tension. As if the walls were increasing their tension, the room felt suffocating.