Chapter 5: Fire and Fury

Seoul was covered in thick fog, which made the air feel even more mysterious and tense. Lee Minwoo, who was known as "the Fox in a Suit," moved quickly through the tight tunnels while always being alert. Even though it was dark, he could feel Detective Jiyeon's sharp gaze following him. Each shadow seemed to whisper her name, and the strength of her will hit him hard.

When Minwoo turned a corner, he saw a strange person on fire standing in front of him. The hot figure moved forward with its eyes fixed on the charm that Minwoo was holding. An electric feeling filled the air. Some Korean myths say it was a Bulgae, a magical fire dog from the dark world of Gamangnara. People thought that these beings caused lunar and solar eclipses, and their fiery look meant that danger was close.

"A Bulgae," Minwoo breathed out, recognizing the being in front of him.

Bulgae, or "Hellhound," was a legendary creature that looked like a dog and was made of fire. It was known for its insatiable hunger for powerful artifacts. Bulgae was said to be able to change into a person, and now he was standing in front of Minwoo.

"It was finally that I met the famous gumiho." The fires that were blazing all around Bulgae cast a spooky light on the nearby structures. He yelled, "Gumiho, give over the amulet!" His eyes were red with anger. "I know what it can do, and I want it."

Minwoo held on tight to the charm because she could feel the old power flowing through it. No matter what happened, he was determined to stop Bulgae from getting it.

"I can't do that," he said strongly, his voice full of purpose. "There is a reason for this amulet, and I am determined to carry it out."

As flames danced around his burning body, Bulgae appeared to be very angry. The gumiho fought back by facing his booming voice that echoed down the alley.

"Do you not know who I am?" He fixed his intense look on Minwoo, and his fierce desire could be seen through the darkness. "That amulet is mine to keep, and you must give it to me now!"

As Minwoo and Bulgae stood across from each other in the dimly lit lane, a tense argument broke out. Through the walls, you could still hear the sound of their fight mixed with the faint buzz of the city below. Minwoo felt the power of the charm surge through him, making him unable to move.

Minwoo's mind was full of a lot of different thoughts and feelings. He thought about the myths and stories he had heard about people who had used the amulet in the past. Although some achieved great wealth and some rekindled old romances, the reality is that everyone's actions had consequences. The amulet's power made Minwoo's heart race as he fought between wanting it and being afraid of what it might do.

As Bulgae went on, Minwoo felt a lot of different feelings. Strong emotions of fear, rage, and determination deeply troubled him. He was determined to keep the thing from getting the ring, but he couldn't ignore the danger it posed.

Bulgae's intense figure towered over Minwoo, and his strong energy almost made it impossible to breathe. Bulgae yelled again, "Give me the amulet!" His voice echoed down the alley like thunder. "I need it. I hope that this amulet will help me find happiness in this world and with the woman I love."

Bulgae's words shocked Minwoo. He could feel Bulgae's deep longing in his fiery gaze, which reminded him of his longing to find Haejin. Could it be that Bulgae's intentions were not all bad?

Minwoo was smart enough not to believe everything she saw. The charm was too powerful for Bulgae to risk it getting into the wrong hands, even though he meant well. His resolve grew stronger until it was as strong as steel.

"I can't give you the amulet," Minwoo said, his voice steady even though he was upset. "The power it has is too dangerous, and the results will be too bad. I won't let it hurt this world."