Chapter 9: Revelations and Reflections

Jiyeon kept thinking about the mysterious man she had met the night before. She felt a mix of curiosity and admiration when he suddenly disappeared. Despite saving his life, she didn't feel like she knew him. She savored her quick noodles in her warm apartment, remembering their meeting.

"That man is different in some way..." Deep in thought, Jiyeon whispered to herself. She felt warm in her little, well-lit kitchen as steam caressed her face.

The Fox in a Suit had hypnotic amber eyes, and the mask covered his face. Her back shivered as she thought about how exciting and dangerous he was. The man she met had the same eyes.

She suddenly remembered the present when she felt a burning sensation on her lips. "Shit! It's really hot!" The spoon fell loudly, and Jiyeon quickly grabbed a napkin to cool her mouth.

Meanwhile, Minwoo went into a busy bar while dressing as a woman to avoid the old collector's men. The sound of people talking and laughing filled the room, making it easy for her to blend in with the crowd.

Minwoo felt like she had to change how she looked as she moved through the busy bar. She easily switched between different personalities, each charming and mysterious in its way.

She walked up to the bartender with confidence. Minwoo asked for an "on the rocks" in a sultry voice, her eyes searching the bar for any sign of doubt.

As the bartender turned around, he was shocked to see a beautiful woman standing in front of him. This unexpected guest made him pause for a moment, not sure what to make of them.

Minwoo put out her hand to grab the whiskey glass that had just been poured and said, "It's mine."

The bartender looked at her with wide eyes and a confused mind as he handed her the glass. He stuttered, "Yes, ma'am," trying to calm down.

Minwoo enjoyed the burn of the booze as it went down her throat easily with each sip. The bartender was once more briefly perplexed when she asked for another glass.

Minwoo couldn't help but watch the bartender's reaction while she waited for her drink. Touching his neck lightly, as if to check for a fever, made it look like he was having a dream.

Minwoo woke up the bartender by saying, "I'd like another glass."

As he poured the drink, the bartender nodded, and his hands shook a little. He stuttered, "Of course, ma'am," trying to calm down. "Y-yes, sir!"

As he looked up, the bartender's eyes grew big with recognition. "Because of the tip you left, I was able to pay the rent for the house," he said, clearly grateful. "I didn't get to thank you last night since we didn't meet. In any case..."

The bartender was chatting when Minwoo saw his reflection in a wine glass on the bar counter. He was instantly interested when he saw the image of an old collector who was looking right at him in the mirror.

"Shit!" He noticed that his change was beginning to fade, so Minwoo said something quietly. He paid the waiter quickly for his drinks and ran out of the bar, his mind full of confusion and worry.

Someone was walking by when Minwoo hit them, knocking them backward. A sharp cry came from him, and he rubbed the spot on his arm where he had hit the person.

He looked up and saw Jiyeon. "Sorry, detective..." When Minwoo saw Jiyeon's shocked face, he stopped talking.

"Oh, Miss, Are you okay?" Jiyeon asked with worry in her voice.

"Miss?" Jiyeon's statements perplexed Minwoo.

"You look like you may have had a few too many drinks, Miss," Detective Oh said, his eyes getting a little narrower as he looked at the woman.