Chapter 2: Shadows of Daylight

As the sun went down over Seoul, casting long shadows across the city, Lee Minwoo closed the shop door. He seemed calm, and his sincere smile showed that as he said goodbye to his coworkers. His name was Minwoo, and he was a nice worker who loved books and was good at offering the right ones.

Minwoo was, however, much more than what was first seen. His life is woven into the fabric of time itself because he was born hundreds of years ago and has been wandering the world ever since. Given the gift of endless life, Minwoo has seen nations rise and fall, new societies begin, and people experience all kinds of feelings over many lives.

Minwoo, who knew he would live forever, chose to live among people and fit right in with their society. He felt better in the cozy shop where he worked, which was a peaceful place to be in this busy world. Minwoo felt very calm amid bookshelves full of recent releases and classics.

As soon as the last customer left, Minwoo carefully put the books back on the shelves, making sure each one was in its rightful place. The room smelled of old paper and ink, which made him feel better like he was meeting with an old friend.

His coworkers frequently questioned him about his choice of job. "Why do you work at a bookstore? With your money and power, you could do anything you want."

They were right. In Minwoo's vast wealth, there were gems from long ago that filled his pockets to the brim. He owned a large house on the edge of Seoul. It was a beautiful farm that looked like it belonged to a different time.

But few people knew how rich Minwoo was, and even fewer knew that he would live forever. Lee Minwoo, a humble shop worker who loved books, was known to everyone.

One of the few people who knew the truth was Mrs. Choi, the owner of the shop. A very old woman named Mrs. Choi had met many strange people during her long life. Minwoo's first job offer at the shop made her notice something special about him.

"You're different from the other applicants," she said, her eyes shining with understanding. "Your eyes display a level of knowledge that goes beyond your years."

Although Minwoo joined the shop family, he hid who he was behind a mask of normal behavior. As a trustworthy friend, Mrs. Choi had been given access to his deepest feelings.

"Minwoo, see you tomorrow!" With a voice full of kindness, Mrs. Choi, the old owner of the shop, yelled.

Before saying goodbye, Minwoo smiled, his eyes shining with excitement that he was trying to hide. "Bye, Mrs. Choi! Have a wonderful evening."

The area was filled with a soft twilight as Minwoo closed the shop door. The bright lights of the city outside called to him, making him feel excited and interested. The challenge enticed him to anticipate the museum theft.

At midnight, something magical happened. There was no limit to Minwoo's freedom on the streets of Seoul. The shadows were always with him. He changed his normal behavior and walked into the dark lanes, blending in with the darkness without any trouble.

This evening wasn't like any other. Later that night, he became the Fox in a Suit.

Wearing stylish black clothes that stuck to his body, Minwoo moved in a way that made his real personality look different. Moving quietly through the city's complicated streets, he got to his next goal.

The museum was a striking sight at night, with its thick walls hiding its old treasures. It was just a challenge for Minwoo, who was ready to take it on.

Using his fingers to hold on to the rough stone, he easily climbed the walls. In the middle of the night, the wind whispered, bringing with it the draw of danger and excitement.

At the top, Minwoo took a moment to catch his breath and look down at the city below, which looked like a beautiful patchwork of lights. Shortly, he enjoyed the thrill of the heist, feeling the energy rush through his body.

His thoughts didn't last long, though. Although the museum had strict security measures in place, he knew that he needed to move quickly. Carefully picking out the right tools for the job, he cleverly got a set of lockpicks.

With his skill, he easily opened the door, and the mechanism stopped working with a satisfying click. Minwoo quietly walked into the room, which was dark and felt familiar and comfortable.

The museum was confusing, with many halls and rooms each containing valuable items from the past. One object, the legendary Moonstone, which is thought to have the magical energy of the moon, caught Minwoo's attention.

Walking through the poorly lit area, he had the feeling that someone else was close. Suddenly, he felt a small movement and stopped right away, his senses fine-tuned.

Suddenly, she showed up in front of him.

He looked right into the eyes of Detective Jiyeon, who was powerful. The badge shone in the dim light, giving away the fact that danger was close.

Despite this, Minwoo was always up for a fight. Lifting his hands to show that he was giving up, he smiled slyly and looked at her with mischievous eyes.

"Detective Jiyeon," he said in a smooth voice. "Do you believe in fate? It looks like our paths are meant to cross over and over again... here at the museum," he joked with a sly grin on his face.

But Jiyeon's face didn't show any feeling, and her eyes had a hint of interest. As Fox in a Suit, the enigmatic thief who had always been able to avoid being caught.

"I believe in only one thing. You'll sleep in jail tonight," she said coldly. "You are being arrested for stealing and..."

"We seem to have this pattern down pat, don't we, Detective Jiyeon? You say 'arrest,' and I say 'charm.' Would you like to try something different? It should be enough to say "hi" or "hello" at our next meeting." And Minwoo's heart started beating faster with excitement. This was what he loved most: the thrill of the chase, the intellectual game between the hunter and the hunted.

"Ah, but detective," he said as he got closer. The smooth, naughty tone of his voice gave away secrets in his eyes. "Let's have some fun! Would you like to join me instead? We could accomplish great things if we worked together."

Jiyeon's hand got tighter around her gun, and she remained focused. A slight glint showed up in her eyes, which could have meant she was interested or even impressed.

"Nice try," she shot back, and her voice didn't show any signs of her inner struggle. "I always follow the rules."

She quickly grabbed her radio and called for backup. Minwoo knew he didn't have much time left, but he had to give one last tease.

In an instant, Minwoo closed the gap between them and appeared behind Jiyeon.
"Until next time, Detective," he whispered in a deep voice. In the distance, the sound of sirens could be heard, and he disappeared into the darkness.

Jiyeon found herself in the empty museum hall. Her heart was racing with anger and curiosity.