Chapter 11: Clash of Wills

"Oh, I know him well," Minwoo confidently said, assessing Jiyeon's reaction.

Jiyeon frowned in concentration. Perhaps he has the knowledge required to catch the clever Fox.

"Is he well-known, right?" Minwoo assessed the situation and proceeded carefully.

With a sour tone in her words, Jiyeon raised an eyebrow. "Oh, he certainly attracted quite a bit of attention, all thanks to me."

Minwoo was intrigued. "Because of you? So why is it because of you?"

"Why not?" Jiyeon replied with pride. "I confront the media about him. I notify the media about his actions. Like you, that crook owes me."

Minwoo grinned mischievously. "Similar to me?" Why, though? Detective, what do I owe you?"

She drew closer, her eyes intense. Her sudden approach crushed Minwoo against the door, filling the gap between them.

"You overlook things easily. I saved you that night..." As she remembered the magical moment, Jiyeon's voice faded.

Jiyeon couldn't stop seeing that night's amazing sights. When she found what she thought was fiction, she was shocked.

"Aren't you surprised?" Jiyeon quickly asked, staring at Minwoo's face for his reaction.

Minwoo's face soured at the sudden change in topic. "Oh? Why should I?"

Jiyeon laughed unexpectedly. "Right! Why hadn't I thought of it?" She seemed to talk to herself while thinking.

"What?" Minwoo's voice showed his confusion. "Detective, you know you are scary, right?" Minwoo said, amused and uneasy.

As Jiyeon took her phone from her pocket, Minwoo was intrigued. As she searched, he watched her carefully until a change in her mood caught his eye. Minwoo grabbed the phone from her, surprised at the screen.

Minwoo felt uneasy staring at the gumiho's eerie appearance. How did they find out?

"What the heck..." Minwoo whispered, studying the screen.

Minwoo deflected Jiyeon's lightning-fast grab for her phone. He stared at the screen, thinking of unlimited possibilities.

He detected Jiyeon's movement and was about to strike back when she threw a hard blow at him. Minwoo ducked the strike and barely avoided it, but Jiyeon showed his tenacity.

"You can't do that, detective," Minwoo said with a mischievous smile. "Using guns in my territory. That's against human law."

"It's not, you're correct," Jiyeon said, withdrawing Minwoo's gun from her face. "I can do this."

Jiyeon suddenly kneed Minwoo in the crotch, knocking him down in agony. The phone fell out of his hand as his grip weakened. He let out a painful groan and clutched his stomach.

"Shit!" Minwoo cursed to express his pain.

Jiyeon's gravity-filled face towered above him. "Your martial arts talents are excellent. Tell me, how did you learn all that?"

Minwoo's eyes flashed frustratedly. "Good? Do you mean it? You wouldn't have hurt me if I were talented."

"I'm dead serious, sir!" Jiyeon said, looking determined.

"I'm serious too," Minwoo replied, getting up from the ground. Even though it hurt, he wouldn't let Jiyeon get ahead.

As Minwoo stood up, Jiyeon attacked again. Minwoo could feel her deliberate steps. He braced for anything. He easily dodged her assaults, showing fighting prowess.

Jiyeon and Minwoo locked eyes with determination, electrifying the room. Jiyeon's palm tingled, reminding her of her forceful hit. She was tenacious in everything she did.

"You won't escape this," Jiyeon hissed threateningly.

Minwoo smirked, his eyes twinkling. "Oh, but I've already done it," he mocked.

Jiyeon's eyes widened as her rage grew. Her fists flew as she attacked Minwoo with unyielding intent. Minwoo dodged her punches with precision and quickness.

"Is that all you have?" Minwoo sarcastically teased.

Jiyeon clenched her teeth, fury rising. She didn't let the man win. A scream preceded her powerful kick at Minwoo's stomach.

Minwoo was ready. His quick, precise arms were easily able to catch her kick. The room vibrated with energy from the effect.

They struck loudly, filling the room with rage. Jiyeon's fighting technique was disciplined and focused, with each attack carefully targeting her opponent's weaknesses.

Minwoo has a wild, unpredictable combat style. His every move was a stunning show of coordinated chaos. He smoothly used Jiyeon's momentum, twisting and spinning in rhythm.

Passion and determination drove their struggle. Jiyeon's fury drove her to pummel Minwoo's defenses with intense blows.

Minwoo was tough to beat. He dodged Jiyeon's blows with precision. With a steady look, he easily averted her blows.

Their conflict created a spinning tornado. Furniture broke, causing chaos and escalating their argument. As their efforts warmed the room, enthusiasm grew.

Jiyeon's wrath drove her to defeat Minwoo. Muscles were tensing up, and she could feel the sweat running down her temples. Despite the pain, she kept going, and her determination never wavered.

Minwoo, on the other hand, fought while laughing a little. He could see Jiyeon's clear anger in her eyes—a fiery passion that filled her. He easily avoided her strikes, and his moves were full of taunts and jokes.

But there was a change. Jiyeon's hits got faster and more accurate, and her moves got sharper as she focused more. Minwoo's eyes got really big with surprise, and he looked a little scared too.

He had the wrong idea about how clever she was.

With fierce determination, Jiyeon lunged at Minwoo again, this time with her hands moving very quickly. She hit him over and over in the chest with killing accuracy, her aim never faltering.

Even though Minwoo tried to defend himself, Jiyeon's attack was too fast. He fell back because of how hard her strikes hit him. But he was determined to fight back and not give up easily.

Minwoo kicked Jiyeon hard in the head with a strong sense of purpose. That being said, Jiyeon was fully ready. Her lightning-fast reactions let her easily avoid his kick, and she hit him in the jaw with a strong blow that shook the room.

Minwoo fell backward, his mind and senses all over the place. His mouth tasted like metal as Jiyeon's blow hit him, and his head spun from the force of it.

When she stood in front of him, Jiyeon's chest went up and down as she worked. She looked straight at Minwoo with a determined look in her eyes.

"It's clear you didn't think much of me," Jiyeon said, her voice cold with purpose.

Jiyeon swung out his hand so hard that it surprised Minwoo. He lost his balance as a burning sphere appeared in his mouth and intense heat spread from his chest.

When Minwoo felt the ball appear, he was astounded by how strongly the fox energy smelled and his eyes grew wide in surprise. He had to get going quickly. It took him only a second to grab Jiyeon's arm, desperately trying to catch the fox orb before it got away.

However, Jiyeon was very quick. Jiyeon ended up on top of him after she pushed him hard enough to make them both fall to the ground. The fox ball fell out of Minwoo's mouth when he opened it, and Jiyeon picked it up.

As the fox ball went into Jiyeon's mouth, she felt a rush of electricity go through her body. She felt a strong burst of energy going through her, an unchecked and fierce strength that looked like it was about to swallow her up.

"Hell!" Minwoo swore an angry word because he missed the fox orb and his heart hurt. He stood up quickly and looked straight at Jiyeon.

Jiyeon's eyes grew wide with surprise as she felt something strange in her mouth. She couldn't help but tighten her throat as an unknown rush of energy went through her and settled in her stomach. It was the strangest feeling she had ever had.

She quickly moved away from Minwoo because the sudden turn of events was making her mind spin. What happened just now?

Minwoo was able to stand up, but his voice was angry. "Detective, you seem to be the thief in our game."

Jiyeon looked at him with a sharp, angry look in her eyes, which showed she was confused and angry. "Be careful what you say, or you might end up in jail."

"Ugh!" Minwoo messed up his hair and thought of a plan. He was determined to get the fox ball back, but the question was how.

Jiyeon quickly said, "I'm going," and she walked toward the door.

To be sure, Minwoo was not going to let her get away so easily. He had a firm grip on her wrist and wouldn't let go. "Give back what you took and don't go."

Jiyeon's eyes flashed with a daring spark, but then she felt dizzy for no reason. She lightly touched her neck and could feel the warmth coming from her skin.

"Let go of me!" Jiyeon yelled as she struggled to get away from Minwoo.

But when she tried to get in touch with him, something strange happened. She felt a comfortable warmth wrap around her, and peace gently surrounded her. They had the impression that there was an unnoticeable presence all around them, keeping them secure and at ease.

Jiyeon stopped for a moment, and her anger slowly went away. She quickly ignored the strange feeling and slowly took her arm away from Minwoo's.

Tired, Jiyeon said, "Go to the station for your amulet statement."

She then left the room, leaving Minwoo by himself. He was furious and confused as he watched her leave. He had no idea how he was going to get the fox orb back.

As Jiyeon walked away, she couldn't explain the feeling that stuck to her and wouldn't let go. What did she recently meet? Also, what did it mean for her and Minwoo?