Chapter 14: The Gumiho's Frustrations

Jiyeon felt like a wild horse racing through her chest as she felt the gumiho's soft breath caress her ear. All of her senses were heightened, and her mind was racing to figure out what he was doing in that dangerous game. "I... I don't understand what you're saying," she said in a whisper, so quiet that it was hard to hear.

With a whisper, the gumiho's voice stroked the night, sending a delicious chill down Jiyeon's spine. He whispered, "You know what I want, detective." His lips lightly touched her earlobe. "My fox bead. It's mine, and I want it back."

Jiyeon's mind was racing as she tried to understand what he was saying. What does this fox bead look like? How did that thing get to her? And how important is that, and does she have to go through this situation? There were a lot of questions going through her head, along with fear and confusion.

Jiyeon stuttered, "I... I don't have it." Her heart was beating fast in her chest. "I'm sorry, but I may not understand what you mean."

The gumiho looked at them with focused eyes that showed a mix of anger and desire. He whispered, "Don't play with me, detective." His warm breath caressed her skin. "I can feel how lively it is. It's here with you in this room."

Jiyeon looked at Minwoo when he raised his hand. His long nails caught Jiyeon's attention as they touched her stomach just below her chest. As Jiyeon got more and more excited, her breath got stuck in her throat. That's when her thoughts went somewhere else. The gumiho's sharp claws were getting dangerously close to his body, and she knew there was a threat coming.

"Here it is, detective. From deep inside you." A whisper came out of Gumiho's mouth.

Jiyeon's mind was racing as she quickly came up with a plan. She wouldn't say who owned the fox orb, especially since he seemed eager to get it back. But the question remained. How could she keep it from him? How could she get out of this dangerous situation? This may be the most important question.

The gumiho's lips pressed hard against hers in an intense kiss, which was a surprise. When Jiyeon felt an intense rush of love fill her whole being, her eyes grew wide with shock. Her body automatically responded to his touch, and her lips danced passionately and intensely. She was scared and confused at the same time.

The kiss ended as quickly as it had begun, leaving Jiyeon wanting more and taking her breath away.

'What's this? Why is it this way?' Jiyeon thought.

Minwoo was confused at the time. The feeling of someone else's lips against his own had never happened to him before. Despite their passionate kiss, he ought to have been capable of removing the fox ball from Jiyeon. However, the unexpected turn of events shocked him. In addition to that, he felt something strange. It made him feel something familiar, like his very first kiss with Haejin.

The gumiho pulled away, staring at her with desire in his eyes.

"That was a surprise, detective." The desire in his voice made it sound husky as he whispered, "You seem to lack intimacy. I can feel it."

The creature's words didn't make sense to her. They could have been an attack or a statement. The feelings in Jiyeon's mind were all over the place and didn't make sense. She was fully aware of the need to fight back because she knew the situation was dangerous and morally wrong. When the gumiho touched her, though, it set off a fire inside her that she couldn't put out. There was also a desire for him inside her, hidden beneath the fear and confusion.

When the gumiho got near, Jiyeon's mind was full of many things. She knew how important it was to keep her distance and turn down his proposals. But her body had other ideas. When he touched her, it made her want him in a way she hadn't expected.

Just as their lips were about to meet again, a surprising knock on the door cut the exciting moment short. After hearing the sound, Jiyeon felt a rush of joy that woke her up from her trance and brought her back to the present.

"Detective Jiyeon, are you in there?" From outside the door, someone called.

Han-neul was there. A member of her sleuthing team, I see. Jiyeon's heart was pounding in her chest as she desperately tried to come up with a good excuse. She was determined to keep her secret to herself and wouldn't let anyone find out what was going on. The gumiho was making her want to give in even more, but she was determined to stay strong.

Minwoo took a quick look at the door, and his focused gaze was hard to miss. He was very annoyed by the sudden interruption. He had to get rid of the bothersome thing.

Jiyeon didn't know how well the gumiho worked, so she had to figure out a way to fix the problem.

"Wait a minute!" Jiyeon yelled, and there was a hint of fear in her voice.

Jiyeon suddenly felt like she could move around a lot. She quickly pushed the gumiho out of the way, her mind filled with a mix of confusion and desire.

When the gumiho looked at her closely, his eyes were filled with a strong mix of love and anger. He whispered, "This isn't done yet, detective," his voice full of purpose. "I will come back to get what is truly mine."

He then disappeared into the darkness, leaving Jiyeon feeling both alone and filled with a strong desire. She knew she had to turn him down because she knew the danger and moral implications of doing so. However, when she heard Han-neul's words through the door, it made her long for him.

Han-neul wasn't ready for the door to swing open. It was not clear if Jiyeon had just woken up. He looked into the house through Jiyeon while he was hidden.

"Detective, why are you here? It's already late," Jiyeon said.

Han-neul said, "Yeah, I'm sorry to bother you, but this is important and can't be discussed over the phone. I wish I could talk to you. It's about Kim Ji Sung."

While still in her home, Jiyeon carefully looked around to make sure that the gumiho had indeed left before letting Han-neul in.

Jiyeo opened the door all the way and said, "Ahm, let's go inside."

***

"What could be the reason for that?" Minwoo asked with a worried look on his face. "It should not..." Minwoo made a hand motion to his lips. "To that human."

Minwoo was upset when he heard loud laughs echoing through the bush. His friend laughed at him, even though he was trying very hard to come up with a good answer.

"Go ahead, laugh all you want, you fire-breathing creature. That's your specialty," Minwoo said, irritated.

Ryu, a mythical but beautiful creature that is a dragon, was sitting on a branch of a tree. He could change his shape, and right now he wanted to look younger, like a teenager.

"Perhaps all you want to do is kiss the detective," Ryu joked amusingly. "You said she was different, right?"

"I did say she's not likable, but there's no reason for..." Minwoo's words stopped all of a sudden when Ryu spoke up.

Ryu made a hand motion toward Minwoo's ear. "I noticed that your ears are in motion. It's hard for me to believe what you say."

When Minwoo reached for his ear, he saw that it was still. He looked at Ryu with a fierce look.

"Ryu, I am serious. That girl has my fox bead!" Irritated, Minwoo yelled out.

"Maybe it would be wisest to wait for her to take the lead in returning it," Ryu said.

"Since she doesn't know it, how can she get it back?" Minwoo answered, and his anger grew stronger.

"You could let her know that what she ingested was your fox bead," Ryu suggested.

"Seems like a simple choice. You don't know that detective," Minwoo said, his expression filled with concern.

"She will unknowingly return the fox bead to you, but until then, you must safeguard the fox bead, and that means her," Ryu explained.

Minwoo took a deep breath as he stopped to process the bittersweet understanding that his delight was soon to be over. To protect his fox bead, he needs to protect Jiyeon as well.