Chapter 3

LILY
I sat down on my bed, getting home at 7. My dad wasn't home, so I picked up my phone and scrolled TikTok. Legend, or Ledge, I love it! I hope I can work with them. Oh it's 7, I need to call Harrison. I had put his contact in my phone at the cafe that afternoon, so I dialed him. And he picked up.

"Hi, Harrison, this is Lily." I said cautiously, "oh hey mate. What's up?" He replied. I grinned, "so, do you have a plan to get me a job there?" I asked. "Oh, yea, I talked to hoppo already, and I have an application, I'll give it to you next time I see you." He said, excitedly. "Are you working tomorrow?" I asked, "Aw, no I'm not." He said, sadly. "Oh, that's okay, you wanna hang at bondi tomorrow?" I replied. I heard him chuckle, "aw, yea, how did I not think of that?" I giggled, "I don't know, how about we meet at 10? My dad has a day off too, so we could try and convince him to let me work with you." I asked. "Oh, yea, of course, I'll see you at ten, Legend." He chuckled. "Aw, yea, see you tomorrow Harrison." I smiled, hanging up.

I smiled to myself, and grabbed my water bottle, taking a small sip of water. I heard the door open, I put my water bottle back on the dresser. "Dad, you here?" I called. I didn't hear a reply, I wandered out of my room curiously, I came face to face with a large man. "Why hello, darling," he sneered. My heart dropped, I hadn't changed out of my bikini and I was told I was gorgeous by a few men earlier. I inched away, and he pulled me closer. "This is a nice surprise, I didn't expect to come face to face with a pretty girl." He said, smirking and putting his hand in my waist. "No, don't touch me, I don't want you to touch me." I whispered. He kissed me, and I started to cry. "No let me go." I whispered. He pushed me back and started touching my waist. I pushed him off, and he glared at me, and continued. I reached for my phone, and reached it. I didn't want to call dad, or the police, so I called Harrison's phone. He picked up, and I sobbed harder. "No, please stop, please." I begged the man, he was engrossed, and didn't notice Harrison's voice. "What's going on?" He asked me. I turned my phone down, so the man couldn't hear I him. "I don't know you, stop touching me," I begged. "Where are you Legend?" Harrison asked. "194, building 4, Bondi Avenue." I breathed. The man was kissing my neck and touching me inappropriately. "Keys in the mail box." I breathed, and hung up. "No please stop!" I begged harder.

The man was pushed to the ground, I was sobbing. A pair of arms grabbed me and lead me out of the apartment. "Legend, you're safe, okay?" I heard. I nodded, wiping my tears. "I'm so sorry." I whispered. Harrison wrapped his arms around my neck and hugged me. I buried my face in his shirt. "Legend, where's your dad?" Harrison asked. "I don't know he never came home, sometimes he just doesn't come home, it's only about three days a week he's here." I sobbed. "Okay, and will he answer his phone?" He asked me. I shook my head, "he never does, he's been worse since my mum was put on hospice," I whispered. "Okay, Legend, I'm going to call police, and we're going to my apartment tonight." He told me. I nodded, letting go of him. "Yes, Lily, Mouse's coming out of your apartment, he was dealing with that man. Go to him, okay?" Harrison said, walking away to call the police. I nodded, and walked over to Mouse. "Legend, sweetheart, come here." Mouse whispered. I nodded, and walked to him. "He just came in, I couldn't stop him, he wouldn't leave me alone" I whimpered. He wrapped his arms around me, and lead me to his and Harrison's apartment. He sat me down on the couch, I burst into tears, and curled up on his lap when he sat down. He wrapped his arms around me, and rubbed circles on my back. "I'm so scared, and so tired," I sobbed, he nodded. "Legend, it's okay, we're here for you." Mouse said. I nodded, "you barely know me, thank you." I whimpered. "You are already one of our favorite girls ever sweetheart, Legend, we'll help you whenever you need it, and you're going to be our teammate soon, so we might as well just get to know each other." Mouse said soothingly. I buried my face in his shirt, "thank you Mouse." I whispered.
.......................
7:00 AM
"Legend, you awake?" I heard, I looked over groggily. "Yea? Why am I here?" I asked. I blinked, Mouse and Harrison were sitting next to me. "Aw, yeah, I remember," I said, looking around their living room. I stood up and smiled, giving both of them a quick hug. "Lily, the police need to talk to you at 9 today, about the man, so we need to get you cleaned up, okay?" Harrison said. I nodded, "I need to go home, but I don't want to be there alone." I said. Mouse stood up next to me and squeezed my hand, "I'll come with you, and keep an eye on the house for you." He said. I smiled and blushed catching Harrison's eye. "Yea, that's okay with me." I said. "Okay, Legend, d'you want to go now?" Mouse replied, I nodded, and we left the apartment. He opened the passenger seat door and I climbed in. We drove to my apartment, 5 minutes away, silently. I got out of the car, "Mouse, will you go in first?" I asked, he nodded, grabbing my key, and opening the door. "Legend, it's clear, okay?" He said, I nodded, and walked in. He followed me in, and shut the door. I went to my room to grab some clothes. I went to the bathroom and stripped my bikini off. I inspected my skin, I had a few bruises and I could use those as evidence because they weren't there before. I washed my hair and body and got out, and grabbed my shirt, a coral pink crop top, and my light denim shorts. I got dressed and tied my hair into a high messy bun. I headed out of the bathroom, and hugged Mouse. "Thank you Mouse, you're so sweet to help." I whispered in his ear. He smiled and hugged me back, "okay, Ledge, you wanna go to the police department, I'll drop you off, Harrison will be there okay." He asked me. I nodded, "you're already probably going to be late to work, so let's go." I said.

LegendOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara