Chapter 10

Disclaimer, I know he doesn't have a sister, so this is all basically for the story line, and Mouse will have made up family as well, love you guys 🥰
LILY 2:00 PM
I heard a notification, I looked over at my phone hoping it was Mouse. No, it was from dad.
...........
Dad 🤢
Dad
Lily give me your location now, and move back home. I'm disgusted by every move of yours from moving in with those idiots and letting them hurt you. I can't believe you've been so stupid, and becoming a lifeguard is the absolute stupidest thing you've ever done.

Me
Wtf, you just abandon me, let me get sexually assaulted in my own home. You tell me not to get pregnant decided to get a restraining order against me, and then after 2 fucking months with a restraining order against me, set by you, I get into a surfing accident you blame my boyfriend and brother, try to force me to share my location with you. Why? What's the point, clearly I've disappointed you and you just want to exercise control over anything you can, and mom isn't doing anything for me even after I just found out that she's been released from the hospital after asking if she was here. I'm sorry but I want nothing to do with you guys, don't talk to me again.

Dad
Lily listen, I was figuring things out and I didn't know that those idiots would control you like they are, and excuse me, your brother? You've never had one, and you deserved to be raped. You've been asking for it.

Me
Yes Harrison's my brother, we're working on some things and his family has taken me in, even after I've become an adult because I've renounced you being my family. This has all happened really recently and if you try and contact me after today, I I'll get authorities involved.

Dad
I hate you, you're a disgusting person.

Me
Well that settles more of my decision then, thank you.
.............
I blocked him and smiled, those bastards are gone, I never have to see them again. I thought. I put my phone down and I heard a knock on the door, "Lily, you have four new guests" She called, "send all of them in please!" I replied, grinning. I smiled at Harrison and his parents and sister as they walked in, "hey Lege," his younger sister said excitedly, "I'm Emma, I'm you age!" I grinned and gave her a hug, "hey Em, and hello, Harrison, hey, Kb, and Kevin," I greeted them, giving each a hug. "Oh, Lily, we've been so worried about you, since we met last month and all of your stress and things and then to hear that this happened is beyond me, sweetheart!" Kb exclaimed, I chuckled, "Kb-" I started, "oh, please just call me mum, and Kevin dad, it's okay with us sweetheart," she interrupted, I nodded, "okay, mum, I'm getting released after Mouse's shift, okay, I'll be fine, and I'll be walking around in a boot, okay?" I replied, grinning at her. "Aw, yes of course, Mouse is such a great man," Kevin interrupted. I grinned, "also, just call me Lege if that's okay with you guys," I giggled, "aw, yes of course." Kb replied. I caught Harrison's eye and grinned at him, "mate, your family is amazing, lucky!" I exclaimed, making everybody laugh. Harrison rolled his eyes, "Em, you and Lege should get to know each other," I nodded and grinned at Em. "Of course, dear we'll leave you two to it," grace said ushering Harrison and Kevin out.

"Lege, you like being a bondi lifeguard?" She asked. I nodded, "oh, yeah, but I'm hurt half the time, or doing a serious rescue, most of the boys don't actually really know me, I get along great with Deano Reidy and Harries and the guys my age, like Maxi, Harrison, Jesse, and Mouse." I said. She giggled, "cool, how do you get hurt?" I rolled my eyes, "stupid shit like this, or like accidentally tripping over Mouse's bag that he leaves in our kitchen," I grumbled. "Sounds like a dream to live with boys," she said, seriously. "Honestly it's better than most girls though." I replied. She giggled and pulled out her phone. She climbed into my hospital bed and we watched some TikTok videos.
....................
6:00 PM
"Lily Edwards, get over here now!" Mouse yelled, running into my hospital room, I jumped but a smile spread on my face, "Mouse! Oh I missed you so much!" I exclaimed, being careful not to pull anything in front of Harrison's family, who was watching us intently. He hugged me and kissed my cheek, "okay, Lege, I've signed paperwork for you and so have your adoptive mum and dad, so we're almost ready, just need the nurse," he said, right as soon as he said that the nurse came in, "hey, Lily, are you ready?" She asked. I nodded and stood up on my ankle, I grabbed Mouse's hand, and together, along with Harrison, mum, dad, and Emma, we went to the car.

"Lege, do you feel up to a night out tomorrow? As a last day off treat as I'm off too?" Mouse asked me. I nodded, sleepily, we'd just made it home and everyone was still here. "Lege," Harrison said gently, pulling me out of my sleep daze, "huh, what?" I said confused, "he's asking if you want to go out tomorrow with him?" He chuckled as Mouse waved awkwardly. I nodded, "yea, I love him, I'll go, but can I have a spa day that day, because I feel kind of ugly?" I asked. Mouse looked at me, "Lily Edwards, if you say that again, we both know that you're going to be in trouble, you are the most gorgeous, kind, and amazing person I know, and it won't do to call yourself ugly." He said sternly. I giggled, "you're so cute when you're firm with me," he rolled his eyes and I snuggled into his chest. I watched as Harrison's family smiled at the sight of us, I got a kiss on the cheek from mum, dad, and Harrison, earning a big hug from Em. They left leaving me, Mouse and Harrison alone. "Lege, I swear my family loves you more than they love me." Harrison grumbled, "no, it's that they're trying to make up for my shit of a dad that I was born to." I snapped at him. Harrison jumped, "Legend, what the fuck happened today?" He asked. I sighed blinking back tears, "so he texted me today telling me to move back with him and that he doesn't trust you guys and then he said how awful I was, and he told me how I deserved to be raped by the man, and how I was asking for it, and he'd hurt me one day, and I'm scared." Mouse hugged me tighter, "Legend, you'd better not let him anywhere near you anytime soon, ever." Harrison told me. I nodded, splashing tears down my cheeks. "Thank you mate, I love you." I said, "I love you more, little sis." He said. I felt Mouse squeeze me tighter and press his lips into my hair, "Lege, I was thinking, I never answered, but yea, you can have a spa day, what d'you want?" Mouse asked me. "I want to get my nails done, and I want to like get my hair done, because I don't want to do it, and I kind of want to go clothes shopping." I said cautiously. "If we can't afford that, then it's okay, we'll have some extra expenses." I added quickly. He shook his head, "it's a special treat for our favorite girl, who managed to survive what ever that accident was." Mouse said, making eye contact with Harrison who nodded in agreement. "Now, Lege, you get to sleep, okay?" Mouse said, I nodded, immediately beginning to drift off, I heard him chuckle and he picked me up, I buried my face in his chest and fell asleep on the walk to my room.