Chapter 12

Disclaimer, I have no idea who Mouse's family is so bear with me lol
LILY 12:00 PM
I heard a knock on the door, and smiled, I walked over and opened the door. "Hello there guys," I greeted the family, they smiled, "Hey yea," the mum said, rather nervously. "You okay?" I asked. She nodded, "we are visiting and we were told to meet my son and his girlfriend up here?" The dad replied. "Oh, so that's Mouse?" I asked, he nodded, "ok, some on in," I said, grinning at Harrison. "So, I'm Mouse's girlfriend, Legend," I told them, "oh my god nice to meet you!" A little girl said, I smiled and gave her a hug, "so introduce yourselves?" I asked. "So, I'm Kingsley, and my older sister, Lydia, and Mum, Giana, and Dad, Corey." She said. "So nice to meet you," Giana said, giving me a hug. "Aw, it's nice to meet you too." I grinned at her. "You are so sweet," Corey said, smiling at me. I grinned, "thank you," I blushed, and shied away a little, "Lege, it's okay," Harrison said squeezing my hand. "Oh, and who's this?" Lydia asked, in a judging tone. "Oh, Harrison? He's my adoptive brother," I replied, giving her a salty stare. "Lydia, that's not something to ask, we know the lifeguards are all close," Giana said, "so, sorry, and he's your adoptive brother?" I nodded, "his family adopted me after some stuff happened and I got disowned recently, and since I just turned 18, they could still legally adopt me." I explained. "So what happened?" Kingsley asked excitedly, "so, my mum had to go to the hospital, and then my dad left, he got a restraining order on me, and then my mum got out of the hospital, they never told me, so I said something for them to disown me. I was already living with Harrison and Mouse by that point." I explained, vaguely. "So, we're not getting the full story," Lydia said. I shrugged, "not all of it is 10 year old innocent girl appropriate." She rolled her eyes, "i swear to god, you're worse than Mouse," Giana gave her a look, "Lydia, you're giving us a bad look, go to the car and I'll text you later," Lydia grumbled but obeyed. "I'm so sorry dear, where's Mouse then?" She said, flustered. "Oh, he should be up right about now," Harrison interjected. I grinned and hugged him, "thanks, bro, I didn't even think to radio him," I said. Giana and Corey smiled at me, "you're such a happy girl,"  they commented, I shrugged, "kinda," I looked at Kingsley, who got the hint and engulfed me in a sweet hug, "I love you already Legend, you have to be happy," she whispered. I looked at her and smiled, hugging her back. Mouse walked in and smiled seeing us, "aw, Kings, you are so nice," he exclaimed, walking over to kiss my cheek. I giggled and Kingsley let go of me. "So, Lege, Mum, and Dad, Kings and where's Lyds?" He said. "Lydia was being rude to Legend." Corey said bluntly. Mouse grumbled under his breath. "Lege, call them Mum and Dad, and Kings." He said. I grinned catching Giana's eye, "okay," we chatted for a while and Lydia came back in, "Lege, I'm sorry, I guess I'm just kinda jealous that you get to hang with Mouse so often, we never really see him that much." She said thoughtfully. I stood up and came over to give her a big hug, "yeah, it's okay, I do that too." I said. She pulled me closer and buried her face in my shoulder, "aw, Lydia, what's up hunni?" I asked Mouse's older sister, "I don't know, can we talk privately?" She whispered, I nodded and lead her out of the tower.

"So Lydia, what's going on?" I asked her after we got out of the towers earshot. "I can't do it anymore, we never see Mouse, and mum is horrid to me, and stuff has happened to me recently." She choked. "Aw, Hunni, it's okay, tell me what you need to." I replied, hugging her again. "It's my boyfriend, he wants to commit suicide and he wants to take me with him," she whispered, "don't let him, you need to get out." I told her sternly, she shook her head and collapsed into tears. "Lydia, listen, I knew someone like that, you can get away, if you need to talk to professionals like the coppers or anyone else, do it." I said sternly. "Okay, thank you, and I'll tell you if I get out." She said, I nodded, and hugged her again. "Okay, do you feel okay enough to go back to the tower?" I asked her. She nodded, wiping her face, I grabbed her hand and lead her back up the stairs.

"Lydia, are you okay?" Mouse asked her concerned. She nodded and he gave me a look, I shook my head. He hugged her and they sat down on a chair, I started to shake, "dont tell anyone, you can't, please," Elisa whispered. I nodded, "but you can't do that," I choked. She shook her head, "Lily, I'm sorry, but it's too late, and I feel like I'd take you with me." She said. I pulled her into a hug, "but, sissy, you love me, and I can't deal with mum and dad alone." I whispered. She shook her head, "Lily, I love you, I won't see you tomorrow, but I love you and I'll watch down on you in heaven, okay?" Elisa whispered. I broke down into tears as she kissed my head for the last time, "now go to bed, I won't see you tomorrow but I'll always be there for my baby sister." She said. I shook my head, "I can't let you go." I whispered, falling asleep.

I woke up, I was hugging a limp body, I looked over and saw my older sister, Elisa, I broke into tears, "Elisa, sissy, wake up, wake up." I whispered. "Mommy, sissy's dead," I called into the house, the empty house nobody was there and mum and dad haven't been here for days. I was alone.

"Legend, Legend, sweetheart, what's going on?" I heard Harrison ask me. "No, no, no, please, Elisa." I sobbed. I felt Harrison pull me into a huge hug and I looked around, Mouse's family had left and Mouse was gone too. "Where's Mouse?" I gasped between sobs. "Lege, he's trying to calm down after hearing what you were experiencing and his family left to give us some space." He explained, drained. "What even happened?" I whispered, completely exhausted. "You started having a flashback or something, you were completely into it, and you started sobbing, you collapsed off your chair and just started sobbing and begging." He said, I could feel shivers go down his spine. "I'm so sorry, Lydia had a thing that I had talk to her about and it triggered something," I whispered. "She died, suicide and I was there, she killed herself while I was snuggling her overnight, and I was left for a week on my own with her." I shuddered. "Oh, shit." Harrison muttered, pulling me closer. "Harrison, I need Mouse." I choked, "it's starting again." He rubbed my back. "Lege, do not let it consume you, okay?" He said, I nodded and he radioed Mouse up.

"Legend, come here," Mouse said, quietly, pulling me into his arms. "Legend, it's okay, I'm here," I looked at him, and saw that way too many of the other lifeguards were there. "Lily, look at me," he said, I shook my head, "no, please." I whispered, I felt all their eyes on me, I had to calm down. "Lege, listen to him, he's trying to help." Jesse said. I nodded, "but, that sentence hurts." I whispered, I caught Harrison's eye and he shook his head. "Breathe, Lege," Mouse whispered, I nodded and let him lead me through the breathing exercises.
.................
7:00 PM
I sat next to Mouse, completely exhausted, he just held me close, kissing my forehead every so often. "Legend, we're all here, we care, we're not going anywhere, okay?" He told me, over and over. I nodded, "I'm so sorry, baby, I scared you." I whispered. "No, don't be sorry, these things are bound to happen, you have nothing to be sorry about." He replied, Harrison nodded earnestly. "Thank you guys," I muttered, they nodded and both kissed my forehead, "Lege, youre in bed with me tonight, okay?" Mouse said. I nodded and started to drift off on his shoulder.