Chapter 14

LILY 2:00 PM
"Lege, you good?" Harries asked. I nodded, jumping out of my skin. We were stuck in the tower together with Maxi. "Yeah, yeah, I'm fine." I mumbled. "You don't seem it, since the past week, love, just spill if you need to," he said, putting his arm around me. I shrugged and turned away. "Lege, Mouse is doing a rescue!" Maxi trilled at me. I sighed, jumping as he said it. "I swear to god, you have to stop," He chuckled, "Lege, we should start calling you Jumpy." I rolled my eyes cracking the first smile I had that morning. I watched as Mouse rode the waves back in. I felt a twinge of sadness, as I was still stuck in the tower for the next three days. I sighed and put my binoculars down. "Hey, guys there's a first aid, down near the flags, I'm gonna walk out and check on them." I said, Harries nodded, "don't pull what you did yesterday." I groaned, "how many guys know?" Maxi sniggered, "all of us, and the camera men got it." I sighed, "I hope not," he shrugged, "go on then Lege." I grinned and grabbed the first aid kit.

"Hey mate, what's going on?" I asked the young woman, she sighed, "I stepped on something and now there are spikes in my foot. "Oof, let me see," I sighed, she showed me, and I took a look, "okay, mate we've got this, how about, let's get you to the tower and we can get a better area to get these out," I said, lifting her up and helping her back to the tower. We limped up to the tower together, as my ankle didn't appreciate not having the boot anymore. We clambered through the door, and Harries chuckled, "you two, that's iconic. Glad the camera men caught that one." I chuckled, helping my patient onto the bed. I took a look at her foot again, and it looked pretty swollen, "hey, Maxi, mate, you wanna grab some tweezers, it looks like a sea urchin sting and those aren't fun to get out, but duty calls." I called. He nodded springing into action. He hopped down the small staircase and handed me some disinfecting wipes and the tweezers, "there you go, dont pass out," he said. I sighed, defeated. I took the wipe and gently wiped the sand away from her injuries. My breath caught in my throat as I carefully tried to remove the first needle. I felt her breath hitch and she tensed up, "Sh, love, relax," I said, softly. I felt her hand find my other, and I squeezed it, "you've got this." She smiled slightly, and leaned back against the wall as I pulled out a few more. They're super delicate and shatter like porcelain if you're not careful pulling it out. "Okay, Maxi, can you get some gauze?" I asked. He nodded, and grabbed some gauze to hold against the bloody spots as I couldn't, and I might puke. I pulled out the last one, "mate, we're done with it, I would suggest going to emergency so they can check it out, okay?" I said, relieved, "okay, can one of you help me to my car, I'm unable to walk, so I'd probably trip," she choked. I nodded, and grabbed her hand, "Sh, love, it's okay, I know." I said, helping her towards the parking lot. When she got into her car, I sighed in relief, she's getting checked by the professionals, she'll be fine. I made my way back to the tower, smiling at a few small children, I sat back down and caught Harries's eye, "mate, you didn't die," he chuckled, I grinned, "no, I don't know what was up yesterday." I picked up my binos and we continued to watch the water.

We heard a knock on the door, I jumped and looked around, putting my binoculars down, I looked at Harries and I went to go open it. "Hello..." I said, recognizing the person, it was the man from yesterday. "What's going on?" I asked him, fear beginning to overtake my body. "I was wondering," he began, sneering at me. "Well, why don't you come in?" I said, shrilly. He nodded, "I'd, love to." I beckoned him in and sat down hurriedly in my seat. "Hey mate, what's up?" Maxi asked cheerfully, "oh, just here to pay my dear sister a visit." He said, attitude changing, "Lege, you never told us that you had a brother." He said amused. I swallowed my retort, and squeezed my hands. "So, Lege, what's been going on lately?" He asked me, I forced a grin on my face, "well, you know, the usual, hanging at home and working." I said, cautiously. "A, yes, and remind me, who do you live with again?" He said, making it very obvious that he was going to try and find me. "Oh, you know, Harrison, and my boyfriend." I said, fake cheerfully. "Good, I was thinking of visiting sometime," he said. I gulped, and gave a scared look to Harries. He noticed and gave me a questioning look. I shook my head slightly. "Lege, love, we need to discuss something," he said, intervening the conversation, "Maxi, keep the bloke company," Harries took me by the hand and lead me out of the tower.