Chapter 18

LILY  3:00 PM
I smiled into my pillow, chilling in my bed. Mouse had work but I was off. I looked at my phone, a video of Mouse and I before we were dating. Shit I love this man so much. I thought happily. I watched as I flirted with him, he looked at Harrison, with eyes that had said 'Help' I laid my head in his shoulder and he blushed, and smiled. I pulled myself back into reality and grinned slightly, "god he was smitten," I flopped over again and slipped off our bed. "Shit, ow." I muttered, hitting my head on the floor. I sat up clumsily and went to the kitchen to get some food. I grabbed a bowl of ice cream from the freezer, chocolate. I shrugged, a grin spreading on my face, why not? I took the bowl and sat down on the couch. I curled up into a ball and turned on our tv, I went to Amazon and found my favorite show, Bluey, because why not? I watched an episode and finished my ice cream. I groaned and went to put my bowl away. I heard my phone start to ring, I quickly made my way over to it.

"This is Legend Edwards speaking," I said into the phone. "Hello, who's Legend, I'm looking for Lily?" The man responded. "Oh, I'm Lily I go by Legend, and I'm working on changing my name to Legend." I said. "Oh, well Legend, I'm your father, and I want to meet up," he replied. "Oh, uhm, hi dad, why do you need to meet up?" I said taken aback. "Well, I wanted to see if I could work something out for your wedding," he started, "uh, no, I have my wedding planned already." I replied, feeling a nasty, petty feeling rise up in my chest. "Well, your mum wants to be there for you." He snapped back, "well, what if I already have the mum of my dreams, you guys did shit." I said. "Well, you're gonna have to deal with it because we're coming to your wedding." He said flatly. "I'm fucking sorry, when was the invite? I have a dad and brother waking me down the aisle, I have kb as my mum now and I don't want you guys to be there." I said my voice rising. "Well too bad, I'm your dad," he snarled. "Shut it you're not my dad! And Rena isn't my mum!" I shrieked. "How fucking dare you?" He growled. "How dare me? What the hell? What about you? What the hell did you do? Come on think, tell me what you did, you know what you did!" I cried shrilly. "I did nothing, it was you who packed up your shit and moved in with two motherfuckers!" He said roughly, his voice dropping. My heart dropped as he continued. "You have no value, compared to Elisa, there is no reason we should have ever had you... it was your fault she died. Mouse is pretending to love you, and nobody actually cares." Tears stung my eyes, hold it Lege, he's not worth it. I bit my tongue. "... well go on bitch, say something." He demanded. I took a deep breath, "I made the best decision of my life, I swear if you tell me anything that even considers my life, I'm getting authorities involved, don't contact me again." I heard him chuckle quietly. I groaned and hung up the phone.

"My god what the actual fuck?" I muttered, sitting back down on the couch. I was ready to pound someone in. I looked at my phone again, three texts from the man.
............
(###)###-####
You deserve to die, I hope your future kids die.

(###)###-####
I'll kill them if you don't have a miscarriage

(###)###-####
Bitch I'll kill Mouse too.
................
My breath hitched, he didn't really just say that. I held back tears that were burning my eyes, "don't cry Lege, don't cry," I whispered.
.................
7:30 PM
"Lege, I'm home!" Mouse exclaimed walking into our apartment. I smiled and went to hug him, I kissed his chin, and he pulled away. I smiled at him, "baby, you want pizza?" I asked. He nodded, and I smiled softly, "good, it's on its way." I went to greet Harrison, "big bro! Hi!" I exclaimed giving him a joking hug. He smiled, "hey Lege, how was today?" I gritted my teeth, "yeah, it was fine, today was fine." He gave me a look and Mouse came up behind me and put a hand in my waist, "Lege, babe, what happened?" He asked. I shrugged and squirmed away from Harrison's concerned gaze. "Look, guys, I love you, but you don't need to know, I'll tell you when I'm ready," I snapped, I pushed Mouse off and stalked into my room. I heard footsteps follow me, I groaned and flopped onto my bed. "Lege, baby, I know this isn't normal, you were fine this morning, what happened today?" Mouse asked me, sitting on the edge of the bed, I pulled him into our queen size bed and collapsed into his lap. "Well, dad said that I should include him and mum in our wedding. But I said no, now he said that he hopes that I die and that our kids die and that you die, he said that if the kids don't die he'd go out of his way to kill them," I ranted, fidgeting. Mouse held me closer to him, "Lege, I know for a fact I won't let him hurt you, or me, and if I'm here he's not gonna get to our kids, okay?" He said firmly. I nodded letting a tear slip out of my eyes. "Oh, sweetheart, nobody deserves this, I'll be right here for you though, I promise, I'll be here every step of the way." Mouse whispered. I nodded, "but what if..." he grabbed my chin gently, "Legend, I don't care what happens, I promised to marry you, I'm not going to back out. We're in this together." I nodded, letting a few tears fall down my cheek. He pulled me closer and we heard a gentle knock on the door. "Lege, Mouse, pizza's here, I heard what happened, we can talk about it at dinner." Harrison said softly, as if he were scared of hurting me with a voice. I nodded, and made eye contact with Mouse, he smiled softly and lifted me up and put me on my feet, "on my way Harrison, gotta get the money," I groaned, "okay, Lege, thank you." He smiled. I nodded, letting a few tears fall and grabbing my wallet.