Chapter 5

LILY ONE WEEK LATER 5:00 AM
I woke up to my alarm. I grinned and sat up, it was another day of lifeguarding, I got up and turned on my light. I piled my hair on top of my head in a curly messy bun. I put on a little mascara, waterproof, and smiled. I'm at north bondi with Mouse today! I thought excitedly. I put on my black bikini that I got for the job from Hoppo. I pulled on my jersey, and walked out of my room. "Lege, you're awake!" Mouse exclaimed. I nodded, grinning, "yea, good morning cutie," I said, blushing. He pulled me into a hug, "get some food, hunni," he told me, I hugged him back and saluted. I grabbed a piece of toast, and sat down, "Mouse, hun, we're at North Bondi together today, and it should be pretty quiet!" I exclaimed, he smiled. "Aw I'm so excited," he said, blushing. I finished my toast and stuck my plate in the dishwasher. "I'll be right back," I said to him, running to my bathroom. I washed my hands and put a bit of water on my curls to define them a little.

"Okay, I'm ready, let's go Mouse!" I exclaimed, "but I want to wake Harrison up with a startle." I giggled, Mouse sighed and handed me the air horn he had been hiding behind his back. I took it and handed him my phone, indicating to film it. He followed me into Harrison's room, where he was snoring aggressively. I giggled, and stuck the air horn in the air. I blew it and Harrison yelled, sitting up and falling off his bed. "Legend!!!!!" He yelled, as I collapsed laughing on his floor. "My god, why would you do that?" He asked, clutching his heart, I shrugged and leaned over to give him a hug, "I don't really know, but that's going on TikTok, cutie." I said. He chuckled and kissed my cheek, I grinned and helped him up. "What shift you on Harrison?" I asked, "first shift, but half day, 6-12," he said, I nodded, "so Mouse and I are at north Bondi together, we're leaving now, okay?" I said, he nodded, "I'll see you soon, Lege, but you need to meet Jethro and Deano today, they're finally back," he replied. I nodded, "will do Harrison." I said, walking out of his room, hand in hand with Mouse.

"Lege, can we talk after this shift?" Mouse asked shyly. I nodded, catching his eye, "of course, hunni," I grinned. He smiled and we walked into the tower. "Hey guys, what shift is Jethro on?" I asked, Chapo smiled, "want to meet him do you?" He asked, I shrugged, "I don't know, Harrison told me to meet him." I said, he chuckled, "he starts at 12, I'll radio you up when he gets here." Chapo said. "Thanks, mate, I'm down at north corner with Mouse, so we're gonna go now," I said. He waved and I pulled Mouse out to the rhino.

"Mouse, you excited? North Bondi's already really quiet, and we'll just get talk and do a few rescues and maybe a first aid!" I said, jittering in the seat while he drove through the beach, "aw yea, Lege, of course, that's gonna be fun." Mouse said. He parked at the north side, and the producer for Bondi Rescue came down. "Hello, you're Legend?" He asked me cautiously. I nodded, "yea, what's up?" I asked. "So I need you to introduce yourself for season 18." He said. I nodded, and he gave me a sign to start talking. "Hi, so I'm the new lifeguard, Legend. I'm 18, and I've lifeguarded in Miami Florida back when I was 15. I love it here, I'm actually rooming with my best friends, Harrison and Mouse. This team is literally so sweet and caring, I've done a few rescues here so far, but my favorite ones are the kid rescues, because they're pretty easy and I'm good with kids, or so Mouse says," I grinned catching his eye, "anyways, so yea, I love it here, I want to be here for the rest of my life. Bondi is so amazing so far, I started just a week ago, and it was super funny how I actually got in, it was really impromptu and unexpected, so yeah" I said, "okay, thanks Legend, if it's okay with you, we'll put this on YouTube this week." I nodded, giving him a thumbs up. He walked off and I grinned at Mouse, turning on my radio. He looked out at the water and I looked over the other way. I smiled as a few small families walked onto the beach. "Mouse," I whispered, grabbing his hand. He jumped, "what Lege?" He asked quietly. "I think that's the guy, that did things to me." I whispered, I had been watching the news and they've been looking for him. He squeezed my hand, "okay, lege, up to the tower. Have them call the coppos and stay up there until he leaves." Mouse instructed me. I nodded, and booked it up to the tower.

"Woah, Lege, what's up?" Harrison asked. "The man." I whispered, panicking, "call police, he's watching the little kids in north Bondi." I gasped. Chapo looked at me concerned, "what's going on, Lege?" He asked. I just shook my head, a tear spilling down my cheek. A man walked in, long blonde hair, and pretty blue eyes. "Hey, guys, oh shit, is this the new girl?" He asked, motioning to me. I wiped my eyes and nodded, "I'm Legend, you're..." I said quietly. "I'm Jethro, you okay?" He replied, I nodded. Harrison pulled me closer to him. "Hey, police, yes, this is Bondi, we've found the sexual assaulter, he's at North Bondi, and watching the gromms." He said into the phone, hugging me. "They sent out a few units and they're gonna get him, sweet girl." He told me, I nodded, wiping my face again. "Jethro... that's your name right?" I directed at him, he nodded. "So I have some questions about you," I smirked. He sighed, "go ahead." He said. I grinned, "so, you're the guy that got locked in the tower as a trainee?" I giggled. He sighed and nodded, bashfully. "Okay, and you think you should've been a flight attendant?" I asked. He nodded, rolling his eyes, "that's not fair, they drugged me up some hell." He pleaded. I chuckled, and we heard the sirens on their way. I gave a sigh of relief, and picked up my radio. "Central to Mouse." I said, "yea, Legend that you?" He replied, "yea, police are on the way, I'm going to meet them and we're gonna have a show." I chuckled, hugging Harrison and walking out of the tower.

"Hey guys," I greeted the cops. "Hello, you new?" One of them asked, "yea, I'm Legend." I chuckled. I lead them down to north Bondi. "So he's right there." I said, pointing at a tall man that was looking at a woman, it sent chills down my spine. They nodded, and approached him. He got up and ran, I started running after him, along with the cops. "Oh, shit, I know you." He sneered, running. I nodded, "yea, idiot, you can't escape us." I called to him. I signalled to a bypassed to trip him and the man managed to send him flying across the pavement, I jumped on his back. "Let go of me, you bitch!" He screamed as I pinned him down, sitting on his back. The police handcuffed him and I roughly helped them get him up. "Thanks, mate, you're a good help." The officer told me, I grinned, "yea, of course, he assaulted me, so some built up anger got him pinned." I chuckled, the officer sighed, and waved at me. I skipped back to the tower.

"Lege!" Harrison exclaimed. I giggled, "what?" I asked. "You just did that, and the camera men got it on camera!" He exclaimed. I grinned widely, "that's gonna buy me a spot on one of those edits," I joked. I gave Jethro a high-five, and he bro hugged me. "So you're that type of girl." He said, thoughtfully. "Haha, not usually. " I chuckled. "That was pretty impressive though." He said, "why thank you," I giggled.
............................
7:00 PM
"Lege, today was incredible!" Mouse exclaimed as we got into his car. "Aw thanks hunni." I replied, blushing. We chatted on the drive back home, and he helped me out of the car. "Mouse, you said you needed to talk to me after our shift?" I asked. He blushed, "oh, yea, meet me in my room." He said. I nodded, and followed him to his room.

"So what is it?" I asked. He looked at me, and blushed a tiny bit, "Lege, I kinda like you, d'you wanna be my girlfriend?" He asked, I blushed and a smile exploded on my face. "Yes of course, I've liked you too!" I exclaimed. He pulled me into a kiss, I kissed his lips back. He cupped my cheek and I closed my eyes. I pulled away after a minute, "aw Mouse, you're blushing," I joked at him, kissing his cheek. "You are too, but you're cuter," he said, grabbing my hand. I smiled leaned my head on his shoulder.