Chapter 15

LILY 6:30 AM
"Legend, time to get up for work," I heard a soft voice say. I groaned, opening my eyes, Deano smiled, and I glared at him. Katy looked at him and then at me and chuckled, "Babe, she might hurt you," she pulled him away from me, which I was thankful for. I sat up, and was greeted by two kids, Lucy and Gussy. I smiled,  "well hello, you two," Lucy gave me a hug, "I heard crying last night, you okay?" She asked, I nodded, "yeah, something just happened at my apartment, and I needed to stay with someone, so your parents were super nice and let me stay over." I explained. I gave Gussy a hug and their mum ushered them to begin getting ready for the day. I got changed in their washroom and tamed my messy hair, I smiled at myself, my freckles extra visible lately because of my tan. I pulled on my lifeguard jersey, and grinned, I felt prettier than I had in a while, so the day was going to be good.

 I pulled on my lifeguard jersey, and grinned, I felt prettier than I had in a while, so the day was going to be good

I walked out of the bathroom and grabbed my bags, "thank you guys so much," I grinned, hugging Deano and Katy. "Or course love." Katy smiled, waving. I headed out to my car and drove down to bondi, I was still on tower duty, but if needed I could be there for a mass rescue, my ankle wrap had been taken off, so I was able to get into the water. I walked into the tower, "hey boys," I smiled, Harries walked over and gave me a big hug. I smiled and hugged him back. "Well, cupcake, your Prince Charming here is excited to see you," he chuckled. I let go of him and saw Mouse, he looked extremely worried, he made his way toward me, and pulled me into a huge hug. I buried my face in his shoulder and hugged him tightly back. He kissed the top of my head, because of our height difference, a good foot. "Lege, I was so worried when I saw the group chat," he whispered. "Oh, it's okay sweetheart," I said quietly, feeling a tear drip into my hair. I stood on my tiptoes and kissed his chin. "Baby, it's okay, but I'll tell you everything tonight," I whispered. He pulled away and cupped my chin, looking at me with adoring eyes. I wiped a tear off his cheek, and hugged his side, leaning my head against his arm. "I love you Mouse." I said, he smiled, "I love you too Legend." A few more of the guys made it into the tower, and the producers came up to the group of us, "okay, we all have our mics?" The producer asked, I nodded and we got mixed answers from the boys. Hoppo walked in and smiled, "Okay, guys, we all know the schedule. Jesse, Lege, Mouse and Harrison are in the tower, we have a lot lifeguards here today since it's going to be so busy." I gave Mouse a big smile and the rest of the guys departed.

We all sat down and Harrison looked at me, "so what happened, Lege?" I looked at him, "cameras." I said. He shrugged and we took off our mics for a minute. "So, Leo, the guy, that assaulted me..." I began, shuddering. "Well, he's back in jail, but he wasn't and assaulted me on the way home that day, and then he found our house last night, I had a plan let him do it again and then had the police arrest him." I said, not wanting details. I could tell Harrison was fuming, "Legend, you tell us these things." He growled. "I know, I couldn't bring myself to, thought" I said. He glared at me. I scooted towards Mouse and grabbed his arm, "Harrison, chill, remember her dad?" Mouse snapped at Harrison. He looked at me, "I'm so sorry, I forgot, you were just kind of my sister, I forgot you came from a different family." He apologized pulling me into a hug. I smiled and leaned into him. "Ooh, mate, look two hands went up," I pointed out, he nodded and picked up his radio, to let North Bondi know.

"Mouse, baby?" I said, I noticed Mouse was drifting off. "Huh, what Lege?" I giggled, "how much sleep did you get last night?" He sighed, "not enough, you didn't answer my messages so I was up all night." I groaned, "I'm so sorry, I turned it onto do not disturb." He shared a chuckle, Jesse groaned loudly. "What's up Jess?" I asked, "I don't know, you two are like soggy muffins," he replied sarcastically. "Hey that's not nice!" I exclaimed, collapsing into giggles. I grabbed Mouse's arm to keep me from falling off my seat, which happened anyways. "Legend!" Harrison exclaimed, clearly exhausted with my shenanigans. Mouse laughed and helped me back onto my chair. I smiled, "Jesse, you're so mean." I said. "I know." He said cheekily. I groaned and rolled my eyes. "Well you're a salt slug," I called boldly across the tower. The boys collapsed in heaps of laughter, "better than being a fukin donut." I shrugged, smiling at the scene I had caused. "Deep breaths!" I called, the boys were still crying laughing. I calmed them down, "salt slug, really?" Harrison gasped. "I coulda pulled a Gordon Ramsay." I chuckled, "oh yeah! Gordon Ramsay has been basically an idol of mine since who knows?" I exclaimed, remembering my childhood. "Oh, cool!" Harrison smiled. I caught Mouse's eye and he winked. I blinked at him and giggled, "do you have a surprise for me?" I asked him suspiciously. "Nah, you'll have to wait till the end of our shift." He chuckled.
..............
7:00 PM
"Mouse what's the surprise?" I groaned, excitedly. "Well, there's something on the beach over there if you want to check it out." He chuckled. I nodded and lead him out of the tower. As we got closer I heard his resting quicken and I saw something amazing, a little beige tent with candles and pillows set up, and some food on a tray with some drinks. I looked at him, tears stinging my eyes. He smiled at me, "you like it?" I nodded, giving him a hug. We sat down and dug into the delicious food. "I love you Mouse." I whispered leaning onto his shoulder. He smiled, "I love you too baby," we kissed quickly and I smiled. "Wanna go on a walk?" Mouse asked. I nodded, smiling. We stood up and I grabbed his hand we walked to the water and I leaned into his arm, and the waves washed over our feet. The sunset hit us perfectly, and I smiled softly. I felt Mouse pull away and I sighed, smiling at the stars that were beginning to twinkle in the sky. I felt a tap on my shoulder, I turned around.

"Lily Rose Edwards-Reid, these last 6 months have been nothing but amazing with you, I loved you since the day we met and I would love for you to marry me." He said. I looked at him, shocked. Tears poured out of my eyes as I nodded. He stood up and pulled me into a hug. I took the ring and slipped it onto my finger and admired it in the sunset. I kissed his lips and he picked me up. I hugged him tighter and he spun me around slowly. I pulled away and looked into his eyes. "I love you Mouse." I whispered. "I love you too." He said, pulling me closer. I leaned my head in his shoulder, and Harrison popped out from a corner, "you two are so precious." He said, making me jump. I grinned, "aw thanks," I said smiling. "Legend, I'm so proud of you," he said, a tear rolled down my cheek and I rushed to hug him, "I love you sis." He said quietly. I pulled away and he showed us a few pictures, "I got these," he smiled.

 I pulled away and he showed us a few pictures, "I got these," he smiled

"Oh, that's gorgeous," I whispered, Mouse squeezing my hand. He scrolled back on the camera.

"And there's this one, which is my personal favorite," Harrison said

"And there's this one, which is my personal favorite," Harrison said. I smiled, tearing up, "this was the best end to the day baby," I smiled at Mouse.