Chapter 13

LILY 9:00 AM
"Ooh, that's gotta hurt," I exclaimed, "what happened?" Jesse asked, "a surfer wiped out, but ima watch him for a bi-shit. He's covered in blood, I mean covered," I exclaimed, putting down the binos. "Hey, Jess, I'm gonna go check on him." I said, Jesse nodded and I ran out of the tower.

"Mate, what happened?" I exclaimed, "I flipped and another surfer's fin bit my arm." The man groaned. He looked really pale. "Okay, mate, you need to sit down, okay?" I said, helping him into the rhino, I grabbed the first aid kits and some gauze. "Mate, I'm gonna check how deep it is, okay, and we'll need to call an ambo for this." I told him, gently taking his arm to inspect it, I pulled at the skin and gasped, "shit," he jumped, "how bad is it?" I groaned, "I can see the bone, we def need an ambo." I picked up my radio, "hey, Lege to central, we need an ambo, male, looks about, 22? And really deep cut," I said, "okay, good, just bandage him up for now, we need to stop the bleeding," Deano said. I nodded, "okay, mate let's get you up to the tower." I said. He held his arm and we drove up to the tower, "mate, let's get you to the first aid bed." I said, leading him up the tower steps, he looked really faint, so I was worried. I helped him onto the bed and sat down next to him and started to bandage the wound together. "Shit, it fucking hurts." He mumbled, looking worse. I nodded and continued to wrap his arm, blood already soaked through the thick layers of gauze and he was paper white. "Deano, I need some backup!" I called. "What's going on Lege?" He called back, I saw him shove Jesse over towards me. "Lege, what's up?" Jess asked, his face dropping after seeing my predicament. The man suddenly collapsed, and my breath hitched, "Jess, when's the ambulance getting here?" I whispered. "They're almost here, Lege, I can hear them," he replied. I took a few breaths, "mate, mate, can you hear me?" I asked. "He's unresponsive." Jess nodded, "okay, you're doing good, Lils." I took a double take, "when am I Lils?" I chuckled. "I don't know, but both Lege and Lils suit you." He replied grinning. The ambulance workers came in and strapped the man into a stretcher while I gave the debrief. "So, yeah, he just collapsed, and I think it'd either panic or loss of blood." I explained. They nodded and wheeled him out. "I'm gonna be sick." I muttered, running out to the bathrooms.

I walked back into the tower, a little shaky, "Lege, you okay?" Deano asked me concerned. I nodded, not opening my mouth, I was still really queasy. "You sure?" He pressed. "Yeah," I mumbled, feeling the need to vomit rise up again. I started humming and picked up to binos again. "Legend, you're like really pale, are you okay?" Jesse asked. I shook my head, "no, that amount of blood- oh god" I muttered, dropping the binoculars and rushing back up to the bathrooms. After I hurled again, I just sat in the bathrooms for a few minutes. I stood back up, a little dizzy, "shit," I muttered, grabbing the fence on the pavilion. I held on to it tightly as I walked back towards the tower. I saw Harrison talking with a beachgoer and I waved him over. He ended his conversation and ran up. "Lege, what's going on?" He asked, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. "I just did a first aid, and blood, so much blood," I muttered. "Yeah, there's a lot of blood sometimes." He replied, helping me walk back to the tower, "but, like, so much and I haven't cleaned up yet," I muttered walking back into the tower, greeted by the puddles of blood everywhere. "Oh shit that's a lot of blood." He said, flabbergasted. "I don't..." I said, losing consciousness.

"Legend, squeeze my hand if you can hear me." I heard Harrison say, I squeezed his hand weakly. "What just happened?" I asked, panicked. "You saw the blood and passed out," he explained, oh shit did I puke again? I thought nervously. "Lege, you should've told us about that reaction." Jesse said. "I don't usually have that reaction, I think that it was the puking that got to my head or something." I muttered. Harrison nodded and helped sit me onto a chair. "Okay, Lege, you want us to call an ambulance?" He asked, I shook my head, "no, I'm gonna be fine, but can you grab my lunch from the fridge?" He nodded and grabbed it for me. I thanked him and shakily grabbed my sandwich. I devoured it, earning a chuckle off the boys in the tower, "okay, Lege, I'm going to go back out to south bondi, so radio me if something happens, or Mouse, okay?" Harrison said, giving me a quick hug and leaving the tower. I took a deep breath and continued watching the water, soon we heard a knock on the door.