chapter 16

Shrishti's pov-

It's been a week since we have come to Bengaluru.
I applied for some jobs but didn't get a mail or call for the interview yet .

I know I am a bit late for the internship but I hope I get placed somewhere.
Most of the posts here require experience and being an intern it's getting a bit difficult but I won't give up .

It's been a week only . I will try harder.

Currently I am waiting for that stupid husband of mine .
Although he is annoying, but he is the only one I have here as a family.

He is so busy nowadays that he comes late at night and leave early in the morning.
He has got some foreign clients and they have to sign a deal.

He told me that the presentation was good and they were really impressed but there were some other problems too .

Yes ..he do tell me about his day and ask about mine .
Initially I showed zero interest but I can't ignore him bring alone here.

Mom and Dad call me daily atleast twice a day more then Papa and Maa .
I talk to Vedika and Di too in the evening on the alternate days .

I have got familiar with the area too .
I have befriended the old couple who stays next door .

They are from Jaipur and are very sweet couple.
I love their bickering and how uncle teases Aunty .

They both have retired and decided to stay here only as they have spent most of their years here in this city only .

They give me a nice company. I introduced Arjun to them on Sunday evening and Aunty told me I am lucky to have a handsome husband like him who is successful and well behaved only if she knew how cleaver fox he is ..

He being the manipulateor....impressed them in a short meeting of half an hour .
Although he didn't lied about anything but made some silly jokes making them laugh .

They both were surprised or maybe shocked when I told them ours is an arranged marriage.
They didn't believed me initially as according to them Arjun seems to be in love with me .

Aunty says that she can see their younger self in us . I didnt say much about our equation to her as I don't want to make them sad and pity me .

But let me tell you Aunty makes delicious Marwadi food and she even taught me few dishes.

They also have 2 daughters.
Both are happily married. One lives in Jaipur only and the other one  is in Singapore.

The door opened and Arjun entered the house talking over the phone.

Yes Mr. Williamson...I will be there for sure ...yeahhh... thankyou so much ...
Good night...

He hanged up and plopped on the sofa .
I offered him some water and he gulped it in a go.

Tired...I asked .
Exhausted ....re replied loosing his tie and resting his head on the back of the couch .

Khaane mei kya h ....he asked me after few minutes.
Paneer and Dal ....I told him and he nodded.

You had your Dinner....he asked and I nodded.
Okay ....he said and walked to the kitchen.

He reheated his food and made a plate for himself and sat on the couch again to have his dinner.

Pehle fresh to haate ...change kar lete ...I said .
Nahiii...I am way too hungry and very tired...I will change after having food ....he said and I just nodded .

He was about to get up again to bring another chapati but I told him to sit and brought him the casserole and he thanked me .

He seemed really hungry and eyes has dark circles too .
Deal sign ho gai .....I asked him .
Hmmm.... Finally....he said .