Chapter 19: Lily

I knocked on the door and waited for Sarah to open the door. She did and I walked in before she had time to slam the door in my face.

"What are you doing here?"

"Preparing to milk a cow. What do you think I'm doing here?" I know I'm not the only one who could see my notebook in my hand, the one clearly labelled 'Journalist Notes'.

"I really don't know. Why do you have to be rude?"

I walked to her couch. "You started it. I kept having to look in the mirror to make sure I wasn't invisible."

She had nothing to say. I love it when that happens.

"You do know this is your house not mine, right? Feel free to sit down."

She stayed standing up.

" I don't have all day you know."

"Funny that, neither do I."

"Sarah, I am here to gather information on the fire in the mall. I am to do an in depth report. What better way to do that than to talk to someone who was in the fire?"

"No way. I refuse."

My blood began to boil. "Sarah, uncross your arms and sit down. I'm just trying to do my job... or have you already forgotten what that's like?"

"Leave!"

"Jealousy is not a good look on you."

"Excuse me?"

"I know why you don't like me. It's because Jake likes me and you like Jake."

"That's not-"

"Shut up, would you? I can't stand liars. So shut up, or I'll sew your mouth shut."

"Is that a threat?"

"No. It's a bluff."

"I don't believe that for a second."

"Try me and find out then."

She walked to the direction of the door and opened it for me.

"Leave!"

"This is what servants do for their masters. I thank thee" A curtsey and a door slam later, I began heading to the bus stop, waiting for 5 o'clock to come quickly so I could go home and wash myself of her insolence and pathos.