Remedy

~Two Days Later || 11:15~

Only three more days until the Moonchild arrives at Ganymede.

Jimin and Y/N haven't been talking much, which makes Baekhyun feel nervous. The Captain and the Pilot need to be in their most focused state if they're going to survive the war. Baekhyun leans back in his seat, glancing out at the stars before curiosity overtakes his mind. He pulls out his hologlobe. He normally keeps it on him just in case Jungkook needs him to look up something; however, right now, Baekhyun wants answers. When they released the first broadcast, they didn't see the original effect it had on the solar system. He needs to know.

He searches for the Hep, and results come flooding in. There's footage from the Belt, Earth, Ganymede, even other civilizations sitting around the solar system. Nothing from Mars, but that's expected. He opens the first newsfeed from Earth. A female reporter appears on his screen, the broadcast on the greenscreen behind her.

"This just in: Captain Kim Namjoon and two members of his crew named Park Jimin and Y/N L/N have released a startling broadcast discussing the death of the Mars ship the Hephaestus, which the crew believes was destroyed by Martian forces. Along with this, well-known Platinum Intelligence Officer Jeon Jungkook informed them that the Belt is currently working on cloaked ships. This discovery has shaken the Commission. They're sending ambassadors to make peace treaties with the Belt. Whether or not they're successful will be revealed in a few days, after the conference is over."

She pauses, letting some of the crew's broadcast play. Baekhyun can't help but gaze at the screen with longing as Namjoon talks.

"Joon," he whispers, his fingers hovering a few inches away from the screen.

Rage spikes up in his chest. What if the broadcast is what led to Namjoon's demise? The broadcast started their journey, in a way.

Baekhyun feels guilt and anger flood his body, and he lets out a rushed sigh. He taps away from the newsfeed, unable to take it, and instead presses on one from the Belt. There's a single man standing there, the camera focusing on his upper body. He seems to be in some kind of studio seeing as there's a white wall behind him. Along with that, he's a young man: tall, pale, and skinny. Definitely born somewhere in the Belt.

"I'm issuing an official warrant for the arrest of Platinum Intelligence Officer Jeon Jungkook, who told Belt military secrets to... well, the entire solar system. No matter what his intentions were, this was an incredible lapse of judgement. If you see Jeon Jungkook, bring him in to be held in the Belt's captivity. Anyone who does not follow this mandate will be subject to time in prison as an accomplice. Thank you for your attention, and please find Jungkook and bring him in."

Baekhyun turns off his hologlobe with a grunt, placing it on the dash and letting his hand rest on his sweaty forehead.

"So they're looking for me," Jungkook says from behind him.

Baekhyun jumps, snapping his head toward the entrance. Jungkook leans against the doorway, gazing at Baekhyun with sad eyes. Almost like a kicked puppy.

"They won't be able to find you, at least not anytime soon. We won't ever go back to the Belt," Baekhyun says in a hurry. It's a poor attempt to reassure Jungkook, but an attempt nonetheless.

"But this means we can't go to Earth. And if we go to Ganymede..."

Baekhyun furrows his brows. "What do you mean we can't go to Earth? And what's wrong with Ganymede?"

"I'm a criminal. If Earth wants to stay on the Belt's good side, they'd turn me in. Ganymede doesn't have the resources for a war, so if they see me there, they'll use me to make peace."