40- Outside World

*** AALIFA NIYAZ***

'You will watch how I will hold you in my palm in a way you would know that you were being destroyed and still won't be able to stop it.'

I thought about complying with these words but everything took an unexpected turn.

It was hard for me to believe that he actually let me go. My mind was taking time to process. What spirit possessed him to convince him to release me?

I couldn't grasp it.

"Tsk, what should I do now?"

But, whatever it was, I was willing to do anything to escape him as well so I hastily took this chance.

Even if he did it only to get me killed on the streets. I didn't care. I only wanted separation from him.

Being abandoned late at night, I was distressed but managed to reach a nearby three-star hotel and booked a room for the time being.

"Hello, I would like to book a regular room for five nights."

Surprisingly, he not only liberated me but also returned my passport, id and a phone too.

'Tsk, that bastard knew I wouldn't go to the cops. I won't make that mistake.' I thought angrily, dialing the number of my manager.

"Hello?"

Inhaling sharply, I called him in a stern voice, "Javaid."

"Aalifa?! Where were you for the past six months?! Aren't you in America? Didn't you run away after Asim's death?" His series of endless questions came, shocked to hear me as I think he presumed me dead or lost.

Keeping a straight face, I took a seat, "It was fake news. I vanished from the world for my mental peace. They created their own assumption."

"Was it true that Asim... did it because of you?" He asked what I dread the most.

Glancing at my reflection in the mirror, my useless justification would worsen things for me. Bearing the weight in my chest, I decided to make my heart stone-like.

"Yes. It was and that regret took a toll on me that I vanished. I left that man too." I told him in my usual tempting tone.

Leaning back on my seat, I hated the look of me in the mirror but I had to become unbreakable if I wanted to survive... before Zaviyaar ends me at least.

"Who was he?"

"I won't bring his name to the public yet. If it got out, it would be troublesome."

Not yet, dammit. You would watch how I would smear the fucking image you had built in public. If I would drown, I would take him along.

"What do you want from me?" He asked sternly, coming to the point.

"I need work. Can you arrange that?" I asked in a sweet tone.

"You cannot perform on big shows anymore. You have created a horrible reputation now. I have to watch for my company too." He sighed apologetically but it won't take him a lot to melt.

That money would end. If I wanted, I would have taken an amount my generations would gladly consume but I didn't want to use his corrupted money.

"What about private shows? I will accept anything." I insisted.

"I will let you know if I found any for you."

"Cool. Thanks."

After cutting the call, I hugged myself. All the memories from the past six months slowly evoked, sending a shiver down my spine.