Chapter 2

My body jolts forward, but something stops me from falling. My eyes open quickly and I notice the belt across my chest. Looking around I see others surrounding me in the same situation. Around the drop ship, that is currently hurdling through space, are teenagers of all ages.

Suddenly a boy around my age is floating in front of me smirking. He is stupid? We could break the atmosphere any second and his ass will be on the ground.

"I'm Finn Collins..and you are?" He asks his smirk only growing even bigger.

"I am concerned about your stupidity. Get back into your seat." I tell him nodding my head in the direction of his abandoned chair. Before he could respond with something witty I notice to other guys following in his tracks. I roll my eyes at their ignorance.

The boy next to me with large goggles on his head smiles kindly, "I'm Jasper! And if I were you I'd hang on tight it's going to be a bumpy ride."

Before I can respond the ship jolts again even harder and I grip the belts on my chest even harder. All three of the guys in the air are suddenly thrown to the floor before the ship stops moving completely.

I let out a deep breathe I didn't even realize I was holding. Following the lead of everyone else I unbuckle my belt and walk towards the stairs. I notice Finn being assisted by a blonde so theirs no use in me helping.

Following the crowd of teens I start to see the main door. I also see an older guy in a guards uniform with sleeked back hair. Something about his face catches me off guard and I'm sure if his hair wasn't pushed back he'd look much better.

"Bellamy?" A small voice says within the crowd.

Suddenly I'm pushed out of the way and a girl throw herself into his arms.

"Octavia! My god, look how big you are," he smiles down at her.

"What the hell are you wearing? A guards uniform?" She asks sounding personally offended by it.

"I had to borrow it to get on the drop ship. Someone has got to keep an eye on you."

"Where's your wristband?" Asks the same blonde that was helping the adventurous dumb ass.

"Do you mind? I haven't sent my brother in a year," says Octavia with a whole lot of sass in her voice.

That's how I know her. Octavia Blake. She lived under the floor until the guards found her and her mother was floated for having a second child. Truly sad.

Some more things were said before the door was slowly opened. The bright light from the sun was the first thing to hit my eyes and the smell of real fresh air meets my nose. I inhale deeply not being able to get enough of it.

Octavia, who deserves to be the first to feel free, jumps onto the beautifully bright green grass and pushes her hands into the air. "We're back bitches!" she yells and suddenly everyone is pushing out into the world yelling and smiling.

I haven't heard this much laughter in a long time. Living on The Ark it is rare. I smile slightly and step off onto the grass. I feel someone come up behind me and I turn seeing Finn he smirks before spinning me around.

I usually would knock him out, but being in the sunlight and fresh air I comply with him. I'm on Earth. Im actually on Earth.

For the first time in years I smile bright and real. So much my cheeks start to hurt. I could get used to this...