Chapter 26

"What're we gonna do?" I mumble before planting myself on the log next to Bellamy. I sigh and take another sip of the alcohol in my cup.

"What do you mean?" He looks over at me confused and I continue to stare straight ahead. He didn't get it.

"Jaha. The rest of them. They are all coming here. To earth," I finish my drink and toss my cup to the ground next to my feet. "I don't want them to come here."

He slowly turns his body to face me and his hand lands lightly on top of my bent knee. "Why? Listen, I know most of them are asses, but they can help us end the grounders."

"Maybe killing every other person we come in contact with isn't a great idea. Maybe we should learn from our past mistakes."

The warmth from his hand is suddenly gone and he stands up quickly, "So, now you don't want to kill them? After what they did to you?" His glare is harsh and my mind wasn't clear enough to handle the look. I push my face into my hands and take a deep breathe. I maybe slightly regret drinking at this moment.

"I don't want to kill anyone. I never wanted to kill anyone." My voice is quiet and muffled. I ignore the stinging in my eyes and keep my face hidden. I thought he didn't hear until his hands are on mine pulling them away.

"I'm sorry. That's not what I meant." I turn to him and hide my face again, but this time against his shoulder.

"I need another drink."

"I don't think you do." I feel his chest move as he laughs lightly. I pull away suddenly and point at him.

"You're right! You need a drink!" I jump up from my sitting position and go over to Monty. "Hey! Filler up!" I smile brightly and he laughs before doing so.

"What's up with you and 'the leader'?" He smirks in a way only Monty could and I shake my head looking away from him.

"What? Nothing. Why? Does it seem like somethings 'up'?" He laughs even louder and shakes his head.

"Oh nooooo, everything seems completely normal." I feel heat rush to my face at his blunt sarcasm. Maybe it's just the alcohol...

I feel an arm suddenly swing around my shoulder and I see blonde hair.

"Clarke!" I yell and she is suddenly steering me off to a table. I notice a few others and a couple cups sitting on the table.

"Let's play a game!" Her voice was the most teasing I believe I have ever heard from her. I shake my head and turn to where Bellamy was standing before. "No, I have to go bring this to-"

"Scared you'll lose?" I look over and see Miller smirking at me. All my thoughts disappeared at the competition.

"Hell no, let's play!"