Chapter 21

"Hey!" I turn slightly to see Octavia with a small smile gracing her lips. She catches up with me and we both walk at a slow pace. My body is finally starting to heal, but soreness is felt every time I move.

"Hey, what's up?" She looks hesitant before she stops walking completely. I follow her actions and notice that we are alone.

"I'm so sorry," even though I'm confused by her abrupt apology I can see the sincerity in her eyes.

I offer her a small confused smile, "sorry for what?"

"I'm the reason you got hurt. You were out looking for me and if you haven't been you never would have-" I abruptly start shaking my head at her kindness. She had to know deep down this wasn't her fault. Right?

"Octavia, this was not your fault. Not at all. I voluntarily went out there. I wanted to find you and make sure you were safe. I knew the costs and the dangers of leaving camp and I chose too. Even though I'm sure Bellamy would have kicked my ass if I hadn't helped," we bother laugh lightly at this and her smile brightens. "But seriously, this was in no way your fault. I'm just glad you're here and you're safe." Before I can process what's happening her skinny arms are wrapped around my neck and I'm pulled against here.

"I'm so glad you're safe too. Even if you really don't blame me, I'm sorry this happened to you. You didn't deserve it." I don't respond to her kind words, but I slowly hug her back.

"Octavia have you seen Elena?" Bellamy's deep voice startles both of us and Octavia turns quickly to face him.

"Yes, I have actually she's right here!" She gives me one last award winning smile before leaving me and Bellamy alone.

"What was that about?" He steps closer to me and I can't help but keep the smile on my face as well. It seems even in the shittiest of times Octavia can make anyone smile.

Including me.

"I think I just bonded with your sister. She hugged me." He laughs lightly and looks down at me.

"That's nice." His large hand wraps around mine and I feel the familiar warmth it brings. I lean my head lightly on his shoulder, still not familiar with being so touchy feely with another person before.

"Yeah, it was."

--------------------------------------------------
Really short but it was 2 updates! I just wanted to add this little snippet with Octavia and Elena bonding a little. I hope anyone who reads it likes it! 💞