Chapter 30

"Clarke! Where's Clarke?!" I hear Connor's voice yell and I move towards him quickly. His body is hunched over and his voice strained.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I grab his arm and help him stand, but I see stops me completely. His mouth and nose covered in dry and fresh blood.

"It won't stop.." Clarke runs up quickly and I notice the dry blood coming from her eyes. Raven hands her a small cloth as I keep holding up Connor.

"What the hell is happening?" I ask urgently. We all look over to see Derek coughing up large amounts of blood.

"Raven and Elena, you need to get away from us."

"What?" We ask at the same time both confused by the situation.

"They are the ones who brought Murphy in." I slowly let go of Connor and back away slightly. I feel fine, I can't be sick. If I was about to cough up blood I think I'd know.

I follow Clarke as she suddenly runs to the drop ship. We both stop as we see Murphy half laying on the floor spitting blood out of his mouth. "Somehow you've gotten even more disgusting." I mutter as Clarke bends down to help him.

"I need you to tell me exactly how you escaped the grounders, Murphy." She says trying to get him to focus.

"I don't know. I woke up and they forgot to lock my cage. There was no one there, so I took off."

I feel my heart skip a beat. The flashes of being kept by the grounders runs through my mind as clear as yesterday. They wouldn't 'forget' to lock his cage. They don't let their toys out until they are done with them.

"No..they let you go. They wanted you to come here.." I feel my pulse pick up and hear someone else enter the room.

"Bellamy stay back! Elena you shouldn't be in here either." Clarke holds up her hand, but I stay where I am.

"What the hell is this?" Bellamy asks staring at the pool of blood in front of Murphy.

"Biological warfare. You were waiting for the grounders to retaliate for the bridge? This is it."

I take a deep breath, saying what we are all thinking. "Murphy's the weapon."

After helping all the sick into the drop ship, Bellamy paces the floor. "Is this your revenge? Helping the grounders kill us?"

I watch as Clarke helps stop murphy's wounds from bleeding. For a second I feel pity as I look at his bloody and bruised face, but in an instant it's gone.

"I didn't know about this, okay, I swear."

"Stop lying!" Bellamy's voice rises and I swear it almost shakes the room. "When are they coming?!"

"Murphy, listen. I get that we hate each other, I really do, but you need to help us. You owe us that. You need to think about what you can tell us. What's useful? You've got to have heard something."

He shakes his head and his eyes meet mine, "They are vicious, cruel."

I quickly look down, trying not to recall the encounter I had with the grounders anymore than I have too.

"You want to see vicious?!" Bellamy grunts walking up to Murphy. I grab his arm pulling him back as Clarke scolds him.

"Whatever this thing is it spreads through contact," Clarke warns.

"Clarke? I heard you were sick. What is this?" Finn's eyes search the room looking at the people sitting on the floor. The blood around them.

"I don't know, some kind of hemorrhagic fever. We just need to contain it before-"

Derek's body starts jerking on the floor and his coughs are loud enough to make my ears ring. "What the hell is happening to him?"

He try's to get stand before spitting up blood and collapsing. I stare at his still body as Clarke try's to find a pulse. "Is he.."

"He's dead."

I shake my head in a slight daze and look to Clarke, "What do we do?"

"Quarantine. Round up everyone who had contact with Murphy. Bring them here. Connor, who was with you when you found him?"

"The first one there was Octavia." I feel my body flood with concern and I quickly turn to Bellamy.

"You need to go find her!" He runs out quickly and I slowly start to leave as well.

I need to stay away from the sick before I catch this thing myself...