Chapter 11

It's dark and we are finally returning to camp. The guys have carried Atom's body back to be buried. As we walk in everyone comes up to hear our stories and see who made it out alive.

I feel nothing as I walk pass the group, but something catches my eye.

Octavia runs up to her brother, "Where's Atom?" She pushes passed some more people before seeing his body. "Atom," she mutters sadly her eyes watering.

"There was nothing I could do," Bellamy tries defending himself.

"Don't," she glares taking off away from everyone. I follow her lead walking toward my small tent. It is just big enough for me to sleep in. I sit on the small cot and put my head in hands. The heavy, dreadful feeling of guilt  washes over me and my eyes water slightly. I should have made sure he got in that cave with us. I should have stop this from ending the way it did.

"Dad! Stop, what are you doing?!" I yell struggling in the guards arms. He yanks me back again and I elbow him in the chest. His arms disappear and I take off towards my father. "What are they doing? He didn't do anything wrong!" I yell the fresh tears streaming from my eyes. I cling to father as he hugs me. The guard suddenly pulls his hands behind his back. "Ben Mastersons your under arrest for theft and treason," the guards pulled him from our room and I feel my mothers arms wrap around me.

"They're wrong. He wouldn't do that. He wouldn't," I sob uncontrollably. She holds me as my tears stain her shirt. "They're wrong.."

"Elena,"

My head pops up quickly at the sound of my tent opening. I see Bellamy standing in front of me looking highly confused and sort of uncomfortable. I quickly stand and turn around. Wiping any tears from under my eyes.

"Did you need something?" I ask before turning back to face him.

He took another step towards me, but I put my hand out to stop him. I don't need sympathy.

"Listen, I'm fine. Okay? Just, did you need something?" I ask him again turning of my emotions for the time being. His face turns hard and the Bellamy I'm used to appears again.

"No. Forget it. I don't need anything." He tells me his voice tight.

I nod my head and he stares at me for a few minutes before turning and leaving my tent. I sigh deeply before laying on my cot.

I look down at the large jacket covering me. I use it as a blanket before turning over and falling into a nightmare filled sleep.