Chapter 7

The heavy beat of my heart is loud in my ears. I turn quickly trying to ignore the sound of boots slamming against the metal floor behind me.

I push my legs even harder, shoving through a group of teenagers.

"Stop her!" One of the three guards chasing me yells, but my feet are moving too fast. I cut to the right down a hallway and keep going.

My body hits hard against something and there's a sudden painful grip on my arm. I look to see Shumway smirking down at me. I quickly punch him trying to ignore the pain in my fist and the blood now rushing from his nose.

Before I could even take another step I feel electricity run up my back. I lay face down on the cold floor in too much pain to move.

"Elena Masterson you are under arrest for the murder of Cole Williams."

The last thing I feel are my hands being pulled behind my back before blackness consumes me.

-

"I hear you have a gun,"
Bellamy lifts his shirt showing the handle of a hand gun.

"Clarke I understand we need to find Jasper, I really do, but I'm almost 100% sure there's a way better option than this," I say to her glaring slightly at Bellamy. He just riles up my
nerves.

He smirks back at me and I can't help but roll my brown eyes.

"Follow me," she turns taking a few steps.

"And why would I do that?" He asks still smirking and I just want to punch it off his face.

"Because you want them to follow you. And right now their thinking only one of us is scared," she turns again quickly walking away and I follow her lead.

Finding Jasper is our new mission and I expect to complete it.
-
"Hey, hold up. What's the rush? You don't survive a spear through the heart." Bellamy grunts taking his gun out.

"Put the gun away Bellamy," Wells says while Bellamy waves it around.

"We get it you're all big and bad," I tell him rolling my eyes.

"Well, why don't you do something about it, huh?" Murphy walks up to us and I stand my ground getting in his face.

"Jasper screamed when they moved him. If the spear struck his heart, he'd have died instantly. It doesn't mean we have time to waste."

Damn straight, tell 'em Clarke.

"As soon as you take this wristband off, we can go,"

"The only way the Ark is gonna think I'm dead is if I'm dead. Got it?"
I stand next to Clarke smirking excited she's standing up to these two jackasses.

"Damn right. So wander off boys," I wave them away.

"Brave princess," he taunts looking at Clarke.

"Real original," I mutter.

"Hey, why don't you find your own nickname? You call this a rescue party? Got to split up, cover more ground. Clarke, come with me." Finn magically appears behind them and rescues Clarke.

Cute.

But of course I get stuck with the rest of the crappy crowd. I guess Wells isn't that bad.

"Guess we got more in common than meets the eye, huh?" Bellamy starts and even though it seems civil I know he's just trying to rile Wells up.

"We have nothing in common," he grunts and keeps his pace steady.

"No? Both came down here to protect someone we love.
Your secret's safe with me.
'Course, for you it's worse.
With Finn around, Clarke doesn't even see you.
It's like you're not even here." He continues to annoy me and possibly make Wells feel like shit.

"Hey, Bellamy," I walk to him and he turns looking at me, "How about you shut the hell up for five minutes. Just to give the rest of us a break," I pick up my pace to walk next to a Wells.

"Whatever you want," he gives me an overly happy fake smile and I can hold back my eye roll.

"Just ignore him. He doesn't know anything," I attempt at consoling Wells even though I've never really known him.

"Yeah.." He sighs and I just remain silent not sure what else to say. I haven't always been the best at consoling people. Never cared enough, I guess.

I walk over and notice Finn and Clarke having another cute moment. He pulls her into the crystal blue water and even though she acts like she hates it, I notice her relax. I walk over to one of the rocks and take a seat.

We've been hiking for hours and I'm getting worried that we haven't found anything yet. That is until I look down. I reach out and pick up a dirty pair of goggles. Jasper's goggles.

"Guys! I found something." I call out and soon Finn is serious again looking at the bloody handprint left there.

"He's been here," he concludes looking around. "This way."

I continue to push branches out my path following slightly behind Finn.

"Hey, how do we even know this is the right way?" Murphy asks, even though I'd love for him to keep his mouth shut.

"We don't," Bellamy gents follow the rest of us, "Spacewalker thinks he's a tracker."

"It's called cutting sign.
Fourth-year earth skills and he actually knows what he's doing. So again, how about you just shut the hell up," I tell them both coldly following Finn again trusting his tracking skills.

"You want to keep it down or should I paint a target on your backs?" Clarke mutters back to us.

Suddenly there's a low groan and I freeze in my spot.

"What the hell was that?"

"Um Bellamy? Now would be a good time to take out that gun," I tell him walking much more cautious than before.

We push back some bushes and I stop in my tracks. Jasper is hanging high in branches only be held up by vines. Before I could even think about it my feet were speeding across the ground.

"Elena!" I hear Bellamy's deep voice call my name just a few feet behind me. Just as I'm about to reach Jasper the ground under my feet collapses.

A small scream comes from my mouth as a large hand wraps tightly around mine. I look down to see large wooden spikes sticking up just inches away from my feet.

Looking up my eyes meet Bellamy's before he is suddenly pulling me out. I land next to him and move away from the large hole in the ground. Grabbing his arm I try to catch my breath.

"You okay?" He mutters from next to me.

"Yeah. Um, thanks," I say breathlessly keeping eye contact with him. He nods his head and stands, offering me his hand. I grasp his and he pulls me up from the ground. I turn and look towards Jasper hanging almost lifelessly from the branches.

"We need to get him down." I say and Finn nods walking towards him. "I'll climb up there and cut the vines,"

"There's a poultice on his wound," Clarke says keeping her eyes on the green substance cover the hole in Jasper's chest.

"Medicine? Why would they save his life just to string him up as live bait?"

"Maybe what they're trying to catch likes its dinner to be breathing."

"Maybe what they're trying to catch is us," I say slightly shaken up and nervous. We shouldn't just be standing out here in the open.

We need to hurry before something comes for us.

----------------------------------

Just want to say thank you for reading my story and for voting. It means so much to me so again thank you! If you have any helpful feedback feel free to comment and let me know what you think!