Chapter 27

I laugh loudly and chug the liquid in my cup. "Okay, okay," my words slur slightly as I attempt to balance the metal coin on the bridge of my nose. Before I can proceed a hand wraps around my wrist and tugs me away slightly. I look up and smile brightly. "Bellamy! You're here! Again!" I laugh even louder and lean into him. He looks around at the others glaring slightly before meeting my gaze again.

"Let's go talk." He doesn't wait for a response before taking me to his tent. I stumble threw the opening and into him again.

"Okay, sure we can talk" my hand rest lightly on his chest and smile. "You know, you may piss me off, but somehow you make me like youuuu" I laugh again and suddenly everything is extremely funny.

His eyes widen and the serious look on his face is replaced with something I can't define. "Wait, what did you say?"

I look at him like he's crazy, "Isn't it obvious? I super like you!" My eyes start to blink heavily and I rest my head against his chest. "You're different. I like different. I like different a lot." I yawn before stepping back quickly. "So I like you!" I smile even brighter as I realize that yeah, I like Bellamy Blake! My words slur but I understand the meaning of them.

"How drunk are you?" He slowly sits on his cot and I don't follow him.

"I don't know. I'm a little unsteady. You might need to hold onto me," as I say this I take a deep breath before grasping his shoulders. I lower myself bravely into his lap.

Oh god. The alcohol clouds my thought process and I giggle lightly just inches from his face. "Hi." I whisper lightly looking into his eyes.

"Hi," his voice is deep and raspy and his eyes don't move from mine.

I lay my hand on his face lightly, "I really like your face. You know I wish I could do this all the time. Not just when I've had some fun drinks."

"Fun drinks?" He smiles lightly and I don't move my small hand from his cheek.

"Yes! They make everything so much more fun! You should really get some." I smile lightly moving closer to his face. I can feel his breathe against my cheek and I slowly stat to close my eyes.

"No. No, I want to remember this."

"Promise me something," my voice is so quiet I barley hear myself, but he hums in response.

"Tomorrow, if I don't remember everything. Tell me."

My lips crash into his before he can answer me and my arms rap around his neck. I feel his large hands rest on my back pulling me impossibly closer. I sigh in content.

The feeling his lips give me brighten everything in my body. They set light to every dark space and make it burn. I feel him in my veins. My hand moves to the end of his shirt and I tug it off.

He pushes me back slightly before our lips can reconnect. I pout slightly and look at him confused. "No," he shakes his head and his warm hands rubs against my cheek. "Not like this. We both have to remember it." I blink heavily and look at his bare chest.

I feel disappointment run through me, the fire he set going out far too quickly. He picks me up and lays me down in the place I've come accustomed to sleeping in.

"I have to go. I want you to stay here. Stay safe and I'll be back," he hesitates slightly before his lips lightly touch my forehead. Then my eyes close and darkness is the only thing I know.