Chapter 13

"Bring out the girl, Bellamy!" I hear Murphy's obnoxious voice yell from outside the tent.

"Why, Charlotte?" Bellamy asks her softly.

"I was just trying to slay my demons, like you told me." She responds looking up at him lost.

"What the hell is she talking about?" Clarke demands.

"He didn't mean it like that, okay. She misunderstood him," I say stepping between Clarke and Bellamy.

"Charlotte, that is not what I meant." He sighs trying to fix this situation.

"Bring the girl out now!"

"Please don't let them hurt me," she begs and I feel her small hands wrap around mine. A part of me wants to take my hand away because of what she has done, but I know deep down exactly how she feels in this moment. And having somebody to protect you and be there for you is extremely important.

"If you guys have any bright ideas, speak up. Now you stay quiet!" Bellamy says pacing fast enough to burn holes into the ground.

"Those are your boys out there!" Clarke practically
yells.

"This is not my fault. If you had listened to me, those idiots would still be building the wall," he says pointing at Clarke. "You want to build a society, princess? Let's build a society!"

"Bring her out!" Murphy's voice gets louder as he nears the tent.

"No! Please, Bellamy. Elena, please," she begs grabbing both of us.

"Charlotte, hey, it's gonna be ok." His voice softens as he bends down to her eye level.

"Just stay with them. They'll take you somewhere safe," he nods to Finn and Clarke before standing next to me.

"Well, well, well. Look who decided to join us. Bellamy and his little princess!" Murphy yells as we walk out from the tent.

I roll my eyes at the over used nickname. Doesn't he know that it was assigned to Clarke, anyways?

"Dial it down and back off." Bellamy threatens.

"Or what? What are you gonna do about it? Hang me?" He grunts with anger.

"I was just giving the people what they wanted." Bellamy shrugs.

"Yeah. Yeah, that's a good idea. Why don't we do that right now? So, who here wants to see the real murderer hung up? All in favor?" He looks around and sees the few hands of his followers in the air. "I see. So, it's ok to string me up for nothing, but when this little bitch confesses, you all let her walk? Cowards! All of you are cowards!"

"Hey, Murphy! Murphy. It's over." Bellamy states stepping back.

"Whatever you say, boss!" Murphy raises his arms in the air as a surrender.

As Bellamy turns to walk away Murphy grabs a piece of wood bashing it against the back of his head.

"Son of a bitch!" I yell running to Bellamy, who is now laying unconscious on the ground.

"Hey! Come on. Let's get the girl." Him and his groupies walk off into the woods and I can only pray that Clarke and Finn are hiding her safely.

-

"Charlotte! Charlotte, I know you can hear me! And when I find you, you are gonna pay!"

With it now pitch black outside I push through the branches and bushes trying to find the small girl.

After leaving Bellamy in the hands of his sister I took off after Charlotte, Clarke and Finn trying to find any of them.

"Charlotte!" I whisper yell through the dark woods. I could see the small flame of Murphy's torch not too far from me.