Chapter 1

Zara

The knock on the door made me open my eyes. Maybe I was hoping that there was a knock on the door and my subconscious was playing a joke on me. I sit up and try to listen out again. This time, the knock turned into banging and I scramble out of my bed before my neighbours call the cops on my stupid boyfriend.

I walk over to the door and open it up to find Kain at the door.

"What the fuck?" I say. "Its 1am and I have neighbours you asshole."

"So you gonna let me in or what?" He asks me. He stands up straight shoving his hands in the pockets of the grey sweatpants hd wore as his eyes pierced through me. Instant regret flooded through me for even hoping he would turn up at my door tonight. I wanted to slam the door shut in his face for so many reasons yet so many stopped me.

I step aside and let him in before he causes more problems for me and the whole building.

"What do you want Kain?"

"You." He says as he looks at me. His eyes softened as he just looked at me.

"I am tired. I have to go to work tomorrow, I can't deal with this right now."

"Why dont you just hear me out, I apologize. I fucked up I know that." He says as he walks closer to me pulling me in. His hand in my neck, he makes me look up to his face. It was sad, but the asshole infront of me was also probably all I had.. for the last 2 years... my life revolved around him. He gave me oxygen then turned off the ventilator leaving me for dead just come back and resuscitate me with his sweet words.

"I am tired..." I tell him as his thumb brushes past my lower lip.

"Lets go to bed." He says as he takes my hand and takes me to my own bedroom. I couldnt fight it right now. I get into bed and watch him kick off his shoes and take off his shirt revealing the tattoos on his chest that were mostly dedicated to me.

He climbs into my bed and pulls me in close. His fingers run up the tshirt I was wearing that he had left behind before. I wasnt wearing anything underneath. My breath hiccuped as his fingers pushed my thighs apart and drawed circled in my inner thigh. His eyes watching me closely as he now pressed kisses against my cheek to the corner of my lips. He smelt like soap and his favourite perfume. I could still smell the faint cigarette smell on him.

I turn my face to him and let him kiss me. I wish these moments defined our relationship. Just soley these experiences but they didnt. The highs were highs and the lows were so goddamn low, it was the pits of hell. We survived on tbe highs and ignored the lows when we fought out of them and got out damaged and broken.

We had sex for the most part of the night. It was I am sorry sex, I missed you sex and codependency sex.

My alarm rang and I saw it was 7am in the morning. I could cry that is how tired I was...

Kain moves around hearing my alarm and as I try to get out, he pulls me back in.

"Noooo don't go..." He mumbles.

"I kind of have to..." I tell him. He just groans out, eyes still closed, his big arms wrapped around me.

"You hate it anyway..." He says.