Chapter 27

Zade

Two weeks later.

"Why am I always stuck moving your stuff?" I ask Zara as she packs her stuff. Its been nice having her live with me for a while even though she was going through a terrible heart break and then another one. She didnt show it but I know this pregnancy had her twisted up.

"Because youre my older brother and its your duty."

"Why not just hire moving people?" I ask her. "Its literally just my clothes and stuff. I dont have that much stuff since I moved out of my apartment." She says.

I close the box up for her and pull the next one. "Jesus you have a lot of clothes."

"I probably bought a few items. The rest ive been gifted by the gang of trust fund brats I am friends with or dating." She says.

"I heard that." Kain says walking in picking up another few boxes. Zara laughs as she looks at him.

"Youre my fav brat though." She says. "I dont think I am a brat when I am here doing labour work?" He says holding the boxes. "You kind of will forever be?" Zara says

"Its in your blood and last name." I tell him and he flips me off whilst holding the boxes before he walks out the apartment.

"Last box." She says sighing. "Thanks for letting me crash here Zade."

"Anytime sis."

"Apart from when you and Hannah are in here having loud obnoxious sex." She says. "Then I am not coming."

"Nothing better than your sister knowing about your sex life."

"Shouldnt be dating my friend?" She says getting up I pick up the boxes as we walk out of the apartment.

That night Zara told me to go find Hannah I knew I shouldnt have listened to her craziness. Because now I had to admit to myself that I had a vulnerability which was a latina thick girl with a small waist and stupid humour that made me actually laugh? I felt fucking great for once when I am around her it was like a constant high? Who needs fucking drugs and shit when you got Hannah.

That night she didnt listen to me at first and I had to explain to her my concern. She had this tough girl exterior that I found myself cracking open. "You are not making sense?" She had said to me raising her eyebrows as she stood in a weird pyjama set that had unicorns on it or some shit. It was fluffy and pink.

"I do not want to make sense right now? Im just telling you the truth. You have occupied my mind ever since I opened my eyes at the hospital and I told you I do not feel alive and you kissed me and I felt alive again. You make me feel like a good person when I am with you, not the asshole Ive been most my life. You make me want to make good decisions. You look at me and I feel like I am a 12 year old school kid who just figured out what a girls body looks like."

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Because I think Im falling inlove with you?" I breathe out and she just stares at me. "I tried to ignore my sisters annoying friend because I know how I get in relationships and that I am worried I am going to end up with nothing but me fighting for my life again."

"Im not your psycho ex." She says

"Maybe we turned each other psycho?" I say. "Either way. Before you even met me, we met in terrible circumstances where you took a bat to me. I do not want to turn you into that."