Chapter 18

Zara

They say time heals things but I wasnt sure if that was true? I just think we forget things on purpose. Forget how hurt we were and move on. Funny how the brain works really. I can be in a good mood and when I think back on things that made me sad it doesnt appear to bother me? Then sometimes that feeling comes back. This stomach ache almost, literal heart ache where you can feel your chest tightening up.

Zade hurt me and that was true. His return just made me so happy I decided to forget he ditched me all those years he was in prison. It just hurt knowing he was spending all that time with Veronica and went to the lengths of marrying her.. whilst I was all alone wondering if he was okay.

Kain did not understand why I was so forgiving I think.. but maybe I didnt forgive Zade? Youre able to have someone in your life and still be upset about things they have done.

I couldnt lose Zade? He was part of my identity. He is all I have..

"Hey." I say walking into ZNZ. It was so weird how my name was on the paperwork as part owner. Zade had really come through with this.. I felt good having my older brother look out for me? I was always so amazed how Kain and his friends had parents who have built legacies and maybe I can do that for my kids?

"Hey sis." Zade says as he was moving boxes around behind the bar. Its been a week since the whole problem between Kain and Zade. Julian as promised came through with divorce papers and they were finalized. Someone had even gone to Veronica and got her to sign it. I had no sympathy for Veronica. She pretended to be a big sister and preyed on my weakness which was Kain. I told her that night I loved Kain and never wanted to see him hurt yet.. she didnt care.

"I brought lunch." I say and Zade smiles. "What did you bring?"

"I brought tacos." I say. "From the food truck you love so much and no I didnt die going to a food truck."

"Yeah yeah. The spirit of your friend Rose was coming through you."

"Her name is Rosie." She says and I chuckle. "My bad."
"Well its Rosalinda actually but Rosie is her name."

"I will forget this information literally in the next ten minutes." I tell her and she laughs.

"So what is new?"

"Did you hire people?" He asks and I nod. "Yeah. Hannah included." I say and he looks at me cocking his head to the side. He had a thing for her, it was certain. I could see he was fighting it and maybe I wanted them together? He needed a good influence and someone who was calm and loved to sleep and read books? Someone who was a ride or die and was so unproblematic. Except when she beat him up with a bat?

"I hired others too. I hired two bar tenders yesterday. I hired a bunch of waiters. I have hired a chef and kitchen staff. Ive also hired security."

"I got the liquor license." He says and I nod. He comes round and plops down. Construction was done and all the decorating was complete.

"I have drawn up a work schedule for everyone." I say. I knew how to manage staff and what not? Ive done it before.

"We need bottle service girls." He says and I look at him. "Hannah can do it."

"No way." He says and I laugh. "Eat the tacos before it gets cold."

"My friend Chanel is coming over." He says looking at his phone. "Do you remember Adam?"

"Yeah ofcourse your best friend you ditched for your stupid friends?"

"Didnt ditch him. We just had different things going on? He went to College I went to the streets?" He says making me laugh.