Chapter 4

Kain

I spend the rest of my day hanging out with Julian, Kai and Rosie by the pool. We head out in the evening for dinner. I call Zara when I get to my bed but her phone is off. She blocked me often so.. I wasn't surprised.

I call Zara but she does not answer her phone the next morning. It was still not going through. I wonder if she was at work or if she was ignoring me pissed with me.

I felt like she played mind games with me and I was worried and scared that she was honestly just going to give into all the attention she gets from men. I over reacted but it was difficult to keep myself in check usually. I often let my emotions get the best of me.

All day Zara just ignored me and I was feeling uneasy. Usually she answers the phone, yells at me to fuck off but she was just gone. She must be really pissed at me.

I walk into the club where Julian, Rosie, Roman and Kai were hanging out in and sit down at their table. Rosie was sat on Julian's lap with her tongue down his throat making me roll my eyes.

"Whats up mopey." Kai says as he bumps my fist and so does Roman as I sit down. Julian comes up for air and I look at him as he nods at me. "Heyyyoooo." He says with his eyes low and I see he had a number of drinks already.

"How are you guys?" I say taking a beer from the table.

"Gooood. How is Zara?" Rosie asks.

"I dont know. Havent seen her since yesterday. Maybe Romeo here knows." I say nodding at Roman who rolled his eyes at me.

"I havent heard from your girlfriend." He says to me.

"She has been MIA. Not answering my calls. Can you call her? Im getting worried."

"Worried?"

"Yeah that she is so pissed off that I blew it." I tell my little brother. He sighs and gets his phone out calling her. "No answer."

My phone rings finally and I look at it seeing it was Zara.

"Hey." I say answering but it was loud as fuck. I could barely hear shit. I hear muffles and then I hear Zara's sobs making me freeze.

"Zara? You okay?" I ask. I get up and try to walk out to a quiet spot. "Zara?"

"Kain.... Whatever you do... do not come to find me." She says finally.

"Fuck." Someone says behind her. "Look, we want $100 k in cash or your girls dead. Dont call the police pretty boy because she wont be okay."

"Who the fuck are you?" I say feeling the panick. My stomach dropped and I run back into the club finding my friends.

"Fuck..." I say as they hang up.

"Whats wrong?" Roman asks me. "Zara..." I say not sure what else to add on. Felt like I was about to have a panick attack.

"Zara what... Kain?" Rosie says. "What happened?" Roman asks.

"He said he got Zara and is gonna kill her if I do not give them 100k in cash." I say.

"What who?" Roman says confused. "Is this a joke?" He asks.

"I dont know. Someone took the phone. She was crying."

"What the fuck." Julian says confused. "Call the police bro."

"He said he will kill her if I do..."

"Where is the 100k in cash. The banks are closed." Kai says panicking. "Lets get out of here." Julian says.

"Its her scumbag brother I know it." I say as I get in my car. Julian although a little slow and drunk was on his phone trying to trace back the call.